Intern, Social Media & Digital Marketing
The Twins marketing department is looking for an intern to help enhance content across Twins social media and advertising. The Social Media and Digital Marketing intern will support the Social Media Coordinator and Paid Marketing Manager with efforts related to social media and advertising by collaborating to create, produce, track, analyze, and report on content for Twins platforms. The ideal candidate will be a creative storyteller with a passion for digital content, social media, and baseball. This role will not only be tasked with creating and writing content for various platforms, but will also have the opportunity to expand their knowledge on advertising and analytics. Additionally, this position will directly speak to Twins fans across social media platforms by assisting community management efforts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Support the production of social content through capturing photos, creating videos for, but not limited to, stories platforms, TikTok, and Twitter.
- Work closely with the Social Media Coordinator and Paid Marketing Manager on regularly tracking and reporting analytics.
- Work closely with Paid Marketing Manager to traffic advertising creative and fulfill trade agreements.
- Ability to stay on top of current trends across social media platforms and pop culture and integrate them into Twins content.
- Assist in the daily management of Twins social media account specifically related to game days.
- Collaborate closely with the brand marketing team to help create content that speaks with tone and voice of the Twins brand.
- Support Social Media Coordinator in responding to fans comments, messages, and community management in general.
- Assist the Marketing Department with other projects as assigned.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of graphic, motion design, photography, and video editing/production (including Adobe Creative Cloud).
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge of understanding how all social platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, TikTok, and Snapchat) and their communities work.
- Working knowledge of social media reporting and analytics.
- Working knowledge of platform moderation.
- Strong passion for social media, digital content, and current trends.
- Creative and a desire to think outside the box.
Time Commitment: June 2023 - November 2023
Hours: 40 hours/week and the ability to work 50% + of Twins home games.
Pay Rate: $17/hour; Relocation/Housing assistance available up to $2,500.