Contingent Traveling RN - Home Care Setting - Jackson, MI Area
Patriot Care, a member of the Kennedy Care family, provides high-quality home care services to Veterans across Michigan and Ohio. We're looking for Registered Nurses to join our team to participate in regularly scheduled home visits, assisting in the oversight of services provided to ensure that our Veteran's care needs are met and expectations surpassed.
The Oversight Nurse
- Is reliable and enjoys the benefit of having a flexible schedule and maintaining complete control of their workload.
- Knows the power of presence in building relationships and providing person-centered care.
- Listens actively and communicates effectively.
- Values what we value: loving others, persevering, positivity, authenticity and quality.
- Create and maintain meaningful relationships with Veterans, their families and other Kennedy Care employees.
- Complete 1 hour home visits with veterans on a routine basis to review the care needs, ensure the accuracy of the veterans plan of care, ensure that the care being delivered by Kennedy Care Life Care Professionals meets the expectation of the veteran, and communicate with the nurse supervisor any necessary revisions or areas of concern.
- Complete assigned verbal assessments, care notes, and visit notes in the client's electronic record.
- Communicate any observed significant changes in condition, incidents, and report any other concerns to the supervisor as necessary.
- Coordinate visit schedule with the client and family, documenting as required.
- Follow all policies and procedures regarding service delivery and documentation.
- Complete assigned training and education as necessary.
- Maintain and provide HR proof of current nursing license, CPR, and other certifications as required.
- Flexible self scheduling
- Day shift, with availability 7 days a week
- Must be willing to travel in your designated area
- Reliable transportation
- Contingent/PRN basis
- Paid on a per visit basis
- Virtual training
- Vaccinated for COVID-19 preferred but not required
- Must possess a current, unencumbered, active license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Michigan.
- Must possess and maintain current CPR Certification.
- Must be knowledgeable of nursing and medical practices and procedures, as well as laws, regulations, and guidelines.
- Previous experience in an assisted living, home health, hospital, long-term care environment, or other related healthcare field.
- Michigan Driver’s License
- Must be willing to complete at least one visit per month