High School Social Studies Teacher
Quincy High School
Position Open Beginning February 21, 2023
Secondary Social Studies (RX or CX Certification Preferred)
Quincy Community Schools is currently seeking a Social Studies Instructor at Quincy High School. Candidates must meet State of Michigan certification and/or qualification requirements.
Quincy Community Schools provides a supportive working environment centered on student success. QCS staff work in professional learning communities to positively impact student achievement. QCS believes that all children are important, capable, have worth, and should be treated with dignity and respect in a safe and orderly environment. QCS is committed to hiring and retaining highly motivated teachers who support the Quincy Vision.
To be considered for this position candidates must:
● be able to show an understanding that of the development of learning targets and how to connect this to purposeful instruction.
● be able to build meaningful and caring relationships with students and parents to allow for the application of a challenging curriculum.
● be able to work with counselors, principals and other support personnel to ensure student needs are met.
● be able to motivate students to help them exhibit positive behaviors ensuring student success.
● be able to work with colleagues to develop strategies to improve student learning.
● be able to work individually and with colleagues to develop instructional plans that result in student learning.
● be able to coordinate instruction with colleagues across curriculum and with vertical alignment.
● be able to discuss pedagogical strategies with colleagues and be will to take strategic risks to improve student learning.
● be data driven and able to use data (including the development of daily formative assessments) to inform future instructional decisions.
● be skilled in meeting individual student needs in the classroom through a tiered system of instruction.
● be trustworthy and willing to work as part of a team.
● show a desire to improve through personal and team approaches with the desire to create high quality subject-specific instruction in every class every day.
Interested candidates should visit https://www.applitrack.com/quincyschools/onlineapp/ and
complete the application including resume, letter of intent, certificates, copies of collegiate transcripts,
and three letters of recommendation.
APPLICATION DEADLINE IS WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 15, 2023 OR UNTIL FILLED
It is the policy of the Quincy Community School District that no person shall, on the basis of sex, race, color, creed, age, marital status, national origin, weight, height, or handicap, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subject to discrimination in employment or any of its programs or activities.