Public Health Nurse
Full-time Public Health Nurse. This position will be based in Manistee County.
· Working independently and with minimal supervision, provides public health nursing services to individuals, families, and population groups in assigned program(s).
· Conducts professional planning and evaluation and implements actions directed toward goals of prevention, assessment, risk reduction, and health status improvement for individuals, families, schools, and communities.
· Collaborates and consults with multidisciplinary and multi-agency teams to achieve desirable outcomes for families, schools, and communities.
· Nursing interventions occur at individual, family, community and system levels depending upon position responsibilities and issues involved.
· Graduation from accredited professional nursing program.
· Bachelor of Science in Nursing preferred.
· Advanced nursing skill and knowledge of public health policies, procedures and practices at a level normally acquired through two years of related, professional experience.
· Current license to practice as registered nurse from Michigan Board of Nursing.
· Ability to enter, retrieve and manage client data, notes, and care plans in electronic health records.
· Ability to plan and organize own work and accomplish multiple tasks in accordance with established practice and professional standards.
· Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred, but not mandatory.
· Reliable transportation with valid Michigan driver’s license and certificate of insurance to travel to other locations for work, training, meetings, and/or home or site visits.
· Mainly Monday through Friday.
· Some late afternoons and weekends.