At Quality Edge, we specialize in aluminum and steel exterior building products – including siding, soffit, fascia, trim coil, gutter protection, and other building accessory products. Our goal of providing quality products to make homes look better and last longer is a primary focus to our customers.
We have an immediate opening on the Finance Team for an entry level, part-time Accountant. This position will be a key contributor to the day-to-day accounting operations. Top candidates will be self-starters who have excellent customer service skills and are eager to perform general accounting assignments at a professional level with minimum supervision. Key competencies would include an ability to balance the variety of responsibilities associated with this position, as well as an excellent set of organizational skills that will drive focus on tasks, even during times of distraction.
· Assist with various responsibilities including account reconciliation and both customer and vendor communications.
· Maintain and perform all related functions for accounts receivable including collection.
· Maintain and perform all related functions for accounts payable through FileBound software system.
· Work with variety of department leads to investigate and resolve differences between invoices and purchase orders.
· Process and maintain employee reimbursement and company card usage through Concur.
· Prepare reports required by regulatory agencies.
· Assist with month end close and annual audits.
· Calculate/enter journal entries, create/maintain tracking worksheets, and entry of reported results to parent company.
· Other duties as assigned.
- Associate Degree in accounting required with a Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 0-2 years hands on accounting experience and/or training.
- A firm understanding of the principals of accounting, accrual and prepaid reconciliations, and journal entry creation.
- Ability to apply knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Quick learner with strong organizational skills.
- Detail oriented with an ability to identify and resolve discrepancies.
- Ability to research, compile, analyze and interpret data.
- Good written/verbal communication and collaborative skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products with an emphasis in Excel.
Wage commensurate with experience and offer pro-rated paid time off. We are looking for 24 hrs/week but have flexibility with scheduling. If you possess the skills outlined and are interested in making a significant contribution to our Finance team, then you may be the right candidate. EOE