Accounts Payable Clerk
SALARY: $17.20/Hr. (NEGOTIABLE)
Under direct supervision of the Business Manager, processes all invoices payable by the School System and ensure compliance with the School System’s disbursement policies while maintaining superior customer service. Maintain confidentiality of all privileged information. Continuation of this position is contingent upon funding allocations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Perform simple bookkeeping tasks; verify figures and other data on invoices, purchase orders and payment vouchers.
2. Process staff orders, scan purchase requisitions to Purchasing to obtain a Purchase Order.
3. Check documents and invoices for errors or discrepancies; notify vendors of errors and initiates corrective action.
4. Authorize payment of invoices and scan all corresponding documentation to Accounts Payable.
5. Process all requests for payment in a timely manner, including follow-up with Purchasing/Accounts Payable.
6. Verify receipt of goods by signature and packing slips; match vendor invoices with purchase orders.
7. Process invoices that have been matched to purchase orders; determine due dates, discounts, and reasonableness and relevance of invoice.
8. Distribute orders to appropriate staff.
9. Review outstanding purchase orders with the Business Manager to determine if order is to remain open.
10. Maintain an effective filing and retrieval system.
11. Prepare correspondence, reports, memos, forms, and other documents and communications from drafts, recordings, or verbal instruction as requested.
12. Edit and review all correspondence and documents for correct grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
13. Process funds received from school breakfast/lunch program, fundraisers etc.
14. Take funds to the bank for deposit.
15. Arrange travel, prepares and submits travel-related documents, and maintain travel information as necessary.
16. Work with bus company to arrange daily bus schedule routes, change, field trips, etc. and manage transportation related complaints.
17. Enter bus routes and changes into the NASIS student system.
18. Notify families of bus pickup time and designated stops.
19. Assist with front reception and nurse’s office when needed.
20. Contribute to a team effort and accomplish related results as required.
21. Adhere to all Tribal Personnel Policies and Procedures, Tribal Standard Operating Procedures, and Area and Program Strategic Plans and Policies.
22. Maintain strict department security, confidentiality, and quality to meet professional standards of the department.
23. The above duties and responsibilities are not an all-inclusive list but rather a general representation of the duties and responsibilities associated with this position. The duties and responsibilities will be subject to change based on organizational needs and/or deemed necessary by the supervisor.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
1. Frequently sit; talk and hear, walk. Occasionally is required to stand; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, lift and/or move up to twenty-five (25) pounds. Work is generally performed in an office setting with a moderate noise level.
2. A Tuberculosis (TB) Screening and/or a 2 step TB Skin Test is required within thirty (30) days of employment.
1. Knowledge of basic accounting, math, and record keeping practices and procedures.
2. Skill in operating various word-processing, spreadsheets, email and database software programs in a Windows environment.
3. Ability to communicate effectively in the English language both verbally and in writing.
4. Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds and with co-workers at all levels.
5. Ability to represent the organization in a professional manner, building respect and confidence.
6. Ability to write clear and concise reports, memoranda, directives and letters.
7. Ability to work independently, handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
8. Ability to carry out instructions furnished in verbal or written format.
9. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
10. Ability to demonstrate excellence in everything, and continually seek improvement in results.
11. Must adhere to strict confidentiality in all matters. (Must sign a confidentiality statement prior to employment.)
12. Must be willing and able to obtain additional education and training.
13. Must comply with Bureau of Indian Education criminal history records check as a condition of employment to include fingerprinting.
14. Must pass a pre-employment drug screening. Must adhere to the Nation’s Drug and Alcohol-Free Workplace Policy during employment.
15. Must pass a background security check with the Oneida Nation in order to meet the Employment Eligibility Requirements, Tribal/State Compact and/or Oneida Nation Gaming Ordinance as they pertain to the position. A temporary license or Gaming License issued by the Oneida Gaming Commission is required as a condition of employment and continuing employment within the Oneida Nation’s Gaming Division.
16. A valid driver’s license or occupational driver’s license, reliable transportation, and insurance are required. Must obtain a Wisconsin driver’s license or occupational driver’s license within thirty (30) days of employment if applicant has an out-of-state driver’s license. Must be authorized as eligible to operate a Personal vehicle under the Oneida Nation’s Vehicle Driver Certification and Fleet Management Law prior to actual start date. Must maintain driver’s eligibility as a condition of employment.
Applicants please clearly state on the application/resume if you meet these qualifications.
1. Accounts payable experience.
2. Knowledge of the Oneida Nation’s AS400 Financial System and Infinite Campus Student Records Systems.
Applicants please clearly state how you meet these qualifications on the application/resume.
1. Associate Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
2. One (1) year accounting experience required; and/or equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
ITEMS TO BE SUBMITTED:
1. Must provide a copy of diploma/degree, license, or certification upon employment.
2. Must provide a copy of school transcripts with application.
3. Investigative Questionnaire for a Child Contact Position.