Student Trainee (Administrative and Office Support) (HC & RM) (Fort Eustis, VA)
This position is part of the Student Intern Program and is a CIVILIAN position with the Department of the Army.
The Student Intern Program provides selectees an exciting opportunity to embark on a training and development path for a successful career as an Army Civilian employee. Student Internship positions provide for development and training. Assignments become more responsible as the student increases knowledge and skills through work experience and academic training. This program offers post-secondary students 12 weeks of full-time employment, up to 480 hours, during the summer months. Approximate employment dates are end of May through mid-August. Actual length of employment is contingent upon budget and workload. Employment is intended to continue each subsequent year during the summer months while the student is enrolled in a degree program.
Students may also receive payment for tuition/training and potential conversion into full-time positions upon graduation. Don't wait! Apply now to start your Army Civilian internship today!
In this role you will:
- As a Student Trainee (Administrative and Office Support), the incumbent will work under closer supervision performing assignments and completing training. At the full-performance level, you will be expected to:
- Assist in planning, developing, and executing administrative management programs.
- Coordinate assigned functions with managers/supervisors to discuss work-related changes affecting the organization and provide recommendations on possible improvements to implement.
- Handle personnel management, project control, manpower utilization and control, and administrative internal control processes.
- Prepare briefing charts and information to be used for presentations