WIDA Communications Specialist
The WIDA Communications Specialist position is located within the Communications and Market Expansion department and will report to the Assistant Director of Marketing. This is a new position that requires creativity, collaboration, and strong writing skills. This position will help share the stories of WIDA Standards, Assessments, Professional Learning, and Research by creating communication plans, finding story ideas, and writing stories. The WIDA Communications Specialist will also be responsible for the management of WIDA’s editorial calendar, planning and executing public relations strategy, and creating content for social media.
Working fully remote is an option for this position within the US (working remotely internationally is not an option). Requests to work remotely would need to be reviewed based on the UW and School of Education (SoE) remote work policies and go through the SoE implementation process. To learn more about these policies, visit https://businessoffice.education.wisc.edu/human-resources/remote-work/.
WIDA is committed to challenging linguistic discrimination, cultural biases, and racism in education. WIDA values linguistic and cultural diversity both as an end and a means for success in the field of education. As such, we strongly encourage applications from a diverse pool of candidates who champion social justice as a core value.
Develops and drafts communication content and assists in the execution of the communications strategy in support of unit communication goals.
- 15% Monitors reach and effectiveness of communication campaigns, projects, and initiatives
- 10% Plans editorial content according to established goals and objects
- 10% Communicates with stakeholders to verify requests and identify editorial resources
- 45% Writes, edits, and publishes content for various communication projects and marketing platforms to align with strategic initiatives and established communication campaigns
- 20% Provides project management and execution of communications programs, initiatives, and tactical plans