ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT II - STAFF ASSISTANT
Location: Springfield, IL, US, 62701-1411
Job Requisition ID: 22523
Agency : Department of Children and Family Services
Closing Date/Time: 01/31/2023
Salary: $5,246 - $7,827 (Anticipating Starting Salary is $5,246)
Job Type: Salaried Full Time
Number of Vacancies: 1
This position is a union position; therefore, provisions of the relevant collective bargaining agreement/labor contract apply to the filling of this position.
All applicants who want to be considered for this position MUST apply electronically through the illinois.jobs2web.com website. State of Illinois employees should click the link near the top left to apply through the SuccessFactors employee career portal in order to be considered an internal bidder.
Applications submitted via email or any paper manner (mail, fax, hand delivery) will not be considered.
Posting Identification Number []
The Illinois Department of Children and Family Services is seeking an organized, professional, and results oriented individual to serve as Staff Assistant in the Division of Budget and Finance. Under administrative direction, this position will serve as liaison with internal staff and other Departmental divisions, including the Director’s Office, facilitating greater communication between the entities and providing technical assistance in the resolution of problems. The position will initiate special studies, develop data, gather materials, and provide overall administrative support to the Chief Fiscal Officer, while also serving as timekeeper for assigned staff. This position provides a great opportunity for someone who is detail oriented and interested in playing a supportive role in the agency’s operations. DCFS offers a competitive compensation plan, excellent benefits, and a pension program. The ideal candidate for this position will have excellent organizational skills and strong leadership and communication capabilities. We invite you to join our innovative team to help make a positive difference in the lives of the children and families of Illinois.
1. Serves as high level staff assistant to the Chief Fiscal Officer, performing highly responsible programmatic and administrative functions
2. Develops data and gathers materials, prepares, proofreads, and prioritizes complex budget documents to share in management meetings and with key stakeholders
3. Confers with management staff, identifying operational problems and providing input into the development of appropriate solutions
4. Serves as timekeeper for assigned Budget and Finance staff
5. Oversees the compilation of the monthly activity report and maintenance of appropriate records and files
6. Provides input and assistance to the CFO in pulling together and developing the annual management plan
7. Sets up and maintains a variety of informational files for the CFO, providing a significant source of management information for research and policy development
8. Performs other duties as required or assigned which are reasonably within the scope of the duties enumerated above
1. Requires knowledge, skill, and mental development equivalent to completion of four years of college, preferably with courses in public or business administration
2. Requires two years of professional experience in a public or private organization, or satisfactory completion of an agency approved professional management training program
Preferred Qualifications (In Order of Significance)
1. 3 years of professional experience as an administrative assistant in a public or business organization
2. 3 years of professional experience serving as a liaison for a public or business organization
3. 3 years of professional experience conducting special projects in a public or business organization
4. 3 years of professional experience conducting research in a public or business organization
Conditions of Employment
1. Requires the ability to pass a background check
About the Agency
DCFS is deeply committed to the welfare and protection of children. Our goal is to protect children by strengthening and supporting families. In every effort, from receiving hotline calls to reaching family reunification or foster care and adoption, children and families are our focus.
Work Hours: M-F 08:30am to 5:00pm
Work Location: 406 E Monroe St Springfield, IL 62701-1411
Supervisor: Kiersten Neswick
Agency Contact: Fisayo Oyadeyi
Email: email@example.com (for questions only)
Job Family: Administration/Management; Clerical and Administrative Support; Fiscal/Finance/Business
This position DOES NOT contain “Specialized Skills” (as that term is used in CBAs).
Use the “Apply” button at the top right or bottom right of this posting to begin the application process.
If you are not already signed in, you will be prompted to do so.
State employees should sign in to the career portal for State of Illinois employees – a link is available at the top left of the Illinois.jobs2web.com homepage in the blue ribbon.
Non-State employees should log in on the using the “View Profile” link in the top right of the Illinois.jobs2web.com homepage in the blue ribbon. If you have never before signed in, you will be prompted to create an account.
If you have questions about how to apply, please see the following resources:
State employees: Log in to the career portal for State employees and review the Internal Candidate Application Job Aid
Non-State employees: on Illinois.jobs2web.com – click “Application Procedures” in the footer of every page of the website.