Research Analyst (Entry)
At CMS, we believe that at the core of our organization are the employees that carry out the Agency’s vision of advancing health equity, expanding coverage, and improving health outcomes.
This position will be in direct support of the Inflation Reduction Act of 2022. This new law allows Medicare to negotiate drug prices, caps out-of-pocket spending for prescription drugs in Medicare, and gives more Americans access to affordable health insurance coverage at HealthCare.gov.
About the role:
As a Research Analyst (Social Science Research Analyst on USAJOBS), you will perform program and policy analyses of services provided by HHS programs.
$47,097 - $74,074 per year. This is the BASE salary for this position. Final pay will be determined by experience and locality.
What you'll do:
- Develop and conduct policy and program analyses to identify and understand the needs and preferences of HHS health and human services beneficiary programs and the populations they serve.
- Plan and perform activities involved in conducting surveys of program populations.
- Prepare reports to recommend new or revised standards and criteria in order to improve operational efficiency.
- Provide statistical/research information and justification on the operational aspects of specific plan-focused projects.
Where we're hiring:
This is a remote position; however, the position reports to a CMS Office on a periodic basis (e.g. 1-2 times per year). Requirements to report to the office will vary and can be discussed at the time of interview.
Experience we're looking for:
(1) Collecting data that will be used to conduct studies or surveys; and 2) assisting in preparing reports of findings related to data analysis.
- OR -
Substitution of Education for Experience: You may substitute education for specialized experience at the GS-09 level by possessing a Master's or equivalent graduate degree or 2 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree or LL.B. or J.D., if related to the position being filled.
- OR -
Combination of Experience and Education: Only graduate education in excess of the amount required for the GS-07 grade level may be used to qualify applicants for positions at grades GS-09. Therefore, only education in excess of 1 full year of graduate level education may be used to combine education and experience.
You MUST apply through USAJOBS to be considered.
Come see why over 6,000 employees say CMS is their employer of choice! In addition to dynamic and exciting opportunities, CMS offers generous compensation and benefits programs, an outstanding work-life balance, and most important, the opportunity to give back to your community, state and country by making a difference in the lives of Americans everywhere. For more information about careers at CMS, visit: https://www.cms.gov/ira-careers
Apply by 11/29/22!