Pharmacy Technician - Marshfield Medical Center-Dickinson - Iron Mountain MI
The Marshfield Medical Center-Dickinson (DCHS) seeks a part-time Pharmacy Technician to join their team in Iron Mountain, Michigan. If you are detail minded and familiar with a pharmacy environment, consider this opportunity.
WHAT YOU WILL DO.
- Use your knowledge of general chemical and physical properties of commonly used medications as they relate to storage requirements, cytotoxicity, flammability, basic diluents and solutions, principles of stability, basic calculations, and aseptic technique.
- Understand and adhere to the “unit dose system of drug distribution”.
- Label, fill and deliver medication to appropriate area (nursing unit, patient bedside, consumer, etc.), restock and exchange medication carts, charge appropriate accounts, and research/provide information as requested.
- Follow department and hospital-wide policies and applicable Federal and State laws.
- Assist in maintaining drug stock inventory and supplies.
- Use pharmacy apparatus and automation (i.e. PCs).
- Maintain patient demographics, prescription data, and insurance information in pharmacy system.
WHAT WE OFFER.
- $15.22 – $22.07 per hour starting pay based on experience.
- Health, dental, and vision insurance; prescription drug coverage.
- Short & long-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flex spending account for uncovered medical and/or daycare expenses.
- 401(k)/Roth 401(k) retirement plan with employer contribution (3% of annual wage first year; second year—DCHS will match your contribution up to 4%).
- Paid time off (sick, vacation).
- If you work 30+ hours per week (or 60+ hours in a two week pay period), then you qualify for full-time benefits. Part-time positions earn benefits if working 16+ hours per week (or 32+ hours in a two week pay period).
SCHEDULE. This is a part-time position with shifts generally 6:30am-2:00pm, 7:00am-3:00pm, 8:00am-4:00pm, 9:00am-5:00pm or as assigned. This position participates every 3rd weekend in the rotating schedule.
- Licensed Pharmacy Technician in the State of Michigan required.
- Completion of accredited one-year pharmacy tech program preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year pharmacy technician experience (or directly related experience) preferred.
- Knowledge of inventory control helpful.
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills with a professional demeanor that ensures trust and competence amongst team members.
- Proficiency with computers and basic office software (MS Word, Excel, Outlook) required.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to successfully pass a pre-hire drug screening and background check.
SOUND LIKE YOU? Take the next step and apply online at dchs.hirescore.com