STEM Program Associate (AmeriCorps VISTA)
Job Title: STEM Program Associate (AmeriCorps VISTA Impact Coordinator)
Organization: Newtons Road Northwest in partnership with the Michigan Community Service Commission
Location: Traverse City, MI
About the Organization:
We connect students, parents, and educators in our region to meaningful STEM experiences and programs. With the support of local businesses and organizations, we bring Science, Technology, Engineering and Math to life through real applications and exposure to STEM-related careers
We curate high quality STEM resources and experiences, maintaining a dynamic, searchable online STEM Hub for the Northwest Lower Michigan community.
We enhance existing STEM education and bridge the gaps where funding and programming may not be available. We believe every student deserves the same opportunities to develop skills that will prepare them to thrive in our local and global economy.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Helping to facilitate implementation of prioritized improvements with guidance from the project lead
- Gather and incorporate new and updated localized STEM career data such as wage, skills, and employer information for the platform directory of opportunities.
- Developing ways to incorporate new and updated localized STEM career data such as wage, skills, and employer information for the platform directory of opportunities. Members will also perform online research to gather STEM career information of interest to youth.
- Promoting program to the community to increase outreach.
- Following additional direction from the Executive Director to support the program’s growth.
- Conducting online research to gather STEM career information of interest to youth.
- Communicate effectively both oral and written; research, develop, present, and promote program to community, potential donors, and potential partners.
- Strong organizational and project management skills, detail-oriented with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects.
- Experience in program development is a plus.
- Ability to work well within a team environment.
- Living Stipend: VISTAs receive a bi-weekly living stipend of about $675.20, for a total stipend of $16,204.80 paid over one-year.
- Education Award: Upon successful completion of the entire term, members earn a Segal AmeriCorps Education Award of about $6,400 that can be used towards eligible post-secondary education expenses, or a cash stipend of about $1,800.
- Non-Competitive Eligibility: AmeriCorps VISTA members earn federal non-competitive eligibility, giving members an edge in the federal hiring process.
AmeriCorps VISTA (Volunteers In Service To America) is seeking new members age 18 or older to join us in combating poverty in America. This opportunity is offered through the Michigan Community Service Commission.
Refer to https://americorps.gov/serve/fit-finder/americorps-vista for more information.