Therapist - LPC/LCSW
Therapist/Counselor (LPC/LCSW) - Staunton, Virginia
This opportunity is full-time and offers full benefits, generous paid time off, and competitive pay. This position qualifies for our $2,000.00 sign-on bonus!
Liberty Point Behavioral Healthcare is located in the heart of the Shenandoah Valley -- a region best known for its natural beauty -- in the charming city of Staunton, Virginia. We provide trauma-informed psychiatric residential treatment to adolescent males who are experiencing complex emotional, behavioral, and educational difficulties. Our programs are specifically designed for youth with psychiatric disorders and co-occurring intellectual disabilities. We also specialize in working with young men who are diagnosed with autism spectrum disorder. We are a 58-bed facility (42 on campus, and 16 community-based). Our program prepares these young men for return to a home, a less restrictive environment, or to independent living. Our primary focus is on encouraging constructive change and personal growth, learning positive ways to get appropriate attention, improving behavior choices, developing a sense of responsibility for actions, learning problem-solving skills, and developing thinking patterns that support positive relationships.
This is a challenging population, therefore we strive to create a safe and supportive environment that puts patient care first and values the clinical professions. One of the most rewarding aspects of working as a therapist at Liberty Point is providing excellent care, comfort, and security to the patients and families you treat at their most vulnerable times. You are never alone, as you are part of a team-based environment of care which includes clinical staff, case management, nurses, doctors, educators, leadership, and direct care personnel who routinely meet to exchange ideas, updates, strategies, and concerns. We want to help you succeed and grow in your profession and enjoy a sense of belonging and trust that comes through your expanding experience. At Liberty Point, you have a voice.
- Plans and administers therapeutic treatment, behavior modification, and stress management therapy to assist residents in developing/displaying appropriate behaviors;
- Changes method and degree of therapy when indicated by resident reactions/needs;
- Discusses progress toward goals with residents or families of residents such as medication regiment, family relationships, educational programs, social development, discharge plans, and other behavioral problems;
- Consults with psychiatrist or other specialists concerning treatment plans and amends plans as required;
- Maintains regular contacts with other agencies/professionals regarding client progress in the therapeutic treatment program through phone calls, letters, and/or monthly reporting;
- Develops and implements appropriate discharge planning with resident, family, and placing agency;
- Develops and maintains positive relationship with external customers, families, residents and employees;
- Ability to assess treatment goals and write goal-directed, individualized treatment plans, as well as the ability to monitor and document individual behavior patterns and modify treatment plans to meet changing treatment goals;
- Demonstrate an understanding of the therapeutic process and commitment to help the youth achieve their treatment goals;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to manage difficult client discussions;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to work independently and in a group setting;
- Strong desire to learn and grow professionally;
- Exhibits an exemplary work ethic by being highly organized, detailed and thorough.
Qualifications, Education, & Experience:
- Must be licensed (LPC, LCSW, etc.) or license eligible in Virginia
- Able to work with young males ages 12-17, who are developmentally delayed, diagnosed with ASD, and experiencing significant psychiatric and behavioral symptoms
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Have a minimum of a Master’s Degree in a Human Services field (i.e. Psychology, Social Work, Counseling, Education)
- At least one year of recent experience with appropriate population preferred
- Able to assist in management of aggressive behavior
- Successfully complete and pass all components of Handle With Care restraint training, Verbal De-escalation Crisis Intervention Training, and facility-approved First Aid/CPR/AED training (all may be obtained during new employee orientation)
Benefits for our Therapists include:
- Career development opportunities across UHS and its 300+ locations!
- Diverse programming to expand your experience and energize your career
- HealthStream online learning catalogue with plenty of free CEU courses
- Competitive Compensation & Generous Paid Time Off
- Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision, and Prescription Drug Plans
- 401(K) with company match and discounted stock plan
- Top-Notch Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- SoFi Student Loan Refinancing Program
- Meals provided
- Sign-on Bonus -- $1000 at satisfactory completion of 6 months of employment; $1000 at satisfactory completion of 12 months of employment; both documented via formal review with supervisor (total = $2000)
- Referral Bonus
- Home/Work Life Balance
If you would like to learn more about the Therapist position before applying, please contact Courtnay Davis, Director of Clinical Services, by phone at (540) 213-0450 ext. 121.
What do our current therapists value at Liberty Point & UHS?
One of the nation’s largest and most respected providers of hospital and healthcare services, Universal Health Services, Inc. has built an impressive record of achievement and performance. Growing steadily since its inception into an esteemed Fortune 500 corporation, annual revenues were $11.6 billion in 2020. In 2021, UHS was again recognized as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune; in 2020, ranked #281 on the Fortune 500; and listed #330 in Forbes ranking of U.S.’ Largest Public Companies. Headquartered in King of Prussia, PA, UHS has 89,000 employees and through its subsidiaries operates 26 acute care hospitals, 334 behavioral health facilities, 39 outpatient facilities and ambulatory care access points, an insurance offering, a physician network and various related services located in 38 U.S. states, Washington, D.C., Puerto Rico and the United Kingdom.
Salary is competitive and commensurate to education and years of experience.
A pre-hire drug screen, pre-hire background checks, and education verification are required of all new employees.
Liberty Point is a part of Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS) -- a Fortune 500 company with facilities in the United States, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and the United Kingdom.
All UHS subsidiaries are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates. UHS subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and as such, openly support and fully commit to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion and compensation of individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success.
At UHS and all our subsidiaries, our Human Resources departments and recruiters are here to help prospective candidates by matching skillset and experience with the best possible career path at UHS and our subsidiaries. We take pride in creating a highly efficient and best in class candidate experience. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo Mail, etc. If you are suspicious of a job posting or job-related email mentioning UHS or its subsidiaries, let us know by contacting us at: https://uhs.alertline.com or 1-800-852-3449.