The One Campaign for Michigan is seeking Campus Organizers to organize colleges/Universities across the state of Michigan for the 2022 midterm elections. We are the campaign arm of the Michigan Democratic Party, and are leading the fight to reelect Gov. Gretchen Whitmer and our outstanding Democratic candidates up and down the ballot.
We are looking for passionate, hardworking individuals who are committed to building the grassroots turnout operation needed to win the midterm elections for Democrats in 2022.
The position will report to the Campus Organizing Director and is based in Michigan. Responsibilities
- Recruit, train, and manage interns and fellows to conduct Voter registration, Coordinate events including but not limited to in-person dorm storms, relational building, class raps, community meetings, etc
- Establish and maintain relationships with student organizations, staff, and professors
- Utilize creative tactics and tools to hit daily and weekly goal metrics, including but not limited to phone recruitment, texting, high traffic canvassing, and tabling.
- Recruit, manage, and train fellows to execute a large-scale GOTV operation.
- Lead and participate in key principal and surrogate events for the campaign.
- Create safe, fun, and positive environment
- Eagerness to work in the field office and community!
- Commitment to electing Democrats up and down the ballot.
- Flexible, adaptable, and solutions-oriented.
- Must have access to a cell phone, vehicle, and ability to relocate to Michigan.
This is an hourly position at $15.36. Organizers will start out with a 55-hour work week with hours expected to increase as we get closer to Election Day. This
position includes a full benefits package of health, vision, and dental insurance coverage.
How To Apply: https://tinyurl.com/2022MIDems
The Michigan Democratic Party is an equal opportunity employer and employs without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, family medical status or genetic information, military service, age, national origin, ancestry, marital status, height, weight, creed, economic status, or disability.