Youth Suicide Prevention Training Specialist (Gatekeeper)
STATEMENT OF THE JOB
Responsible for implementation of Gatekeeper Program curriculum. The Gatekeeper Program is a school-based suicide prevention program delivered in middle school and high school classrooms. This program is in-person and all COVID-19 safety precautions must be adhered to.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Present Gatekeeper curriculum to middle school and high school students
• Engage students to participate in the program
• Communicate verbally and in writing with students
• Refer students to counselors when necessary
• Promote Helpline and 211
• Document data
• Follow all safety protocol as determined by school and Gryphon Place
• Complete all other duties as assigned
• High School Diploma/GED
• Must have own transportation
• Must be available during school hours
o August 2022 – June 2023
o Same hours of availability each day Monday through Friday
o Approximately 10-24 hours per week, depending upon assignment
• Must successfully complete mandatory training program – August 1-5, 10am-4pm
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES
• Experience working with youth.
• Ability to present information and interact effectively in a classroom setting.
• Comfortable with public speaking.
• High energy level, dynamic presence.
• Willingness to adhere to the program curriculum.
• Ability to work independently.
• Good time/stress management.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Great organizational skills.
Persons are recruited, hired, assigned and promoted only on the basis of job-related criteria and without regard to age, color, familial status, gender, gender identification, marital status, national origin, non job-related disability, race, religion, sexual orientation, veterans’ status. EOE