AmeriCorps VISTA with Michigan Community Service Commission
The Michigan Community Service Commission is the State's leading agency for volunteerism and service. We administer 28 AmeriCorps programs with over 1,000 members. Currently, we are recruiting for our AmeriCorps VISTA program that has 33 assignments in 27 organizations with a focus on youth education and mentoring, healthcare and nutrition, social justice, equity, and economic opportunity.
AmeriCorps VISTA (Volunteers in Service to America) is seeking new members age 18 or older to join us in combating poverty in America. In exchange for one year of service you will receive a living allowance of $575 bi-weekly, medical coverage (if qualified) in addition to professional experience volunteering with youth driven organizations. This opportunity is offered through the Michigan Community Service Commission. All positions begin August 29th.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Research resources for programs growth and expansion.
- Provide support to stakeholders and other organizations for engagement opportunities.
- Collect data to provide support for program needs.
- Promoting program to build capacity and strengthen volunteer relationships and community partnerships.
- Following additional direction from the Executive Director to support the program’s growth.
- Communicate effectively both oral and written; research, develop, present, and promote program to community, potential donors, and potential partners.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently support planning, development, and establishment of new programs.
- Strong organizational and project management skills, detail-oriented with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects.
- Need to meet deadlines, follow instructions and accept direction on given assignments.
- Experience in program development is a plus.
- Ability to work well within a team environment.
AmeriCorps VISTA members receive the following benefits after service:
Non-Competitive Eligibility (NCE)
AmeriCorps VISTA is the only AmeriCorps program that allows members to earn federal non-competitive eligibility, giving members an edge in the federal hiring process.
End of Service Award
Members can choose between a Segal Education Award (valued at approximately $6,495) to pay for a range of education expenses or a $1,800 cash stipend.