Clinical Laboratory Associate (House 2) - San Carlos
Position: Clinical Laboratory Associate (House 2)
Location: San Carlos, CA
Natera is currently seeking a Clinical Laboratory Associate to analyze laboratory specimens following the standard methods and procedures while maintaining equipment and instruments in good operating condition by troubleshooting malfunctions as needed.
- Assists in testing of patient samples according to standard operating procedure in an efficient manner with little to no errors
- Responsible for maintaining updated understanding and knowledge of methods performed in the lab
- Follows GLP (good laboratory practice): maintain cleans and organized work space
- Completes training and other deadlines on time.
- Recognizes and escalates equipment malfunctions; troubleshoots common errors on the lab floor
- Recognizes, documents, and escalates protocol deviations in lab to lead/supervisor
- Communicates with team and other departments (including via e-mail)
- Provides feedback on day-to-day schedule and tasks to lead/supervisor
- Assists teammates in completing daily tasks
- Conducts himself/herself in a professional manner
- Adheres to departmental expectations
- This role works with PHI on a regular basis both in paper and electronic form and have an access to various technologies to access PHI (paper and electronic) in order to perform the job
- Employee must complete training relating to HIPAA/PHI privacy, General Policies and Procedure Compliance training and security training as soon as possible but not later than the first 30 days of hire.
- Must maintain a current status on Natera training requirements.
- Employee must pass post offer criminal background check.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
• BS/BA (or equivalent) in a biological science or a related field
• 0-2 years of industry-related experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, computer, and technical skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Word processing and data management
• Ability to work well in a group
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
• Duties typically performed in BSL-2 lab setting
• Standing or sitting for long periods of time may be necessary
• Duties may require working various shifts, weekends, and/or overtime
Driven by the passion for elevating the science and utility of genetic testing, Natera is committed to helping families identify and manage genetic diseases. Natera is a rapidly-growing diagnostics company with proprietary bioinformatics and molecular technology for analyzing DNA. Our complex technology has been proven clinically and commercially in the prenatal testing space and we are actively researching its applications in the liquid biopsy space for developing products with oncology applications.
The Natera team consists of highly dedicated statisticians, geneticists, doctors, laboratory scientists, business professionals, software engineers and many other professionals from world-class institutions, who care deeply for our work and each other. When you join Natera, you’ll work hard and grow quickly. Working alongside the elite of the industry, you’ll be stretched and challenged, and take pride in being part of a company that is changing the landscape of genetic disease management.
WHAT WE OFFER
Competitive Benefits. Generous Employee Referral program. Healthy catered lunches 3 times per week, and premium snacks! Additionally, we offer complimentary premium coffee drinks and teas, and other beverages.
For more information, visit www.natera.com.
Natera is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace environment, and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. Inclusive collaboration benefits our employees, our community and our patients, and is critical to our mission of changing the management of disease worldwide.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws.