Sr Research Associate I
Sr. Research Associate I - Formulation & Process Development
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company founded in 1987. Together we deliver life-saving therapies to patients in need. With the commitment and drive you bring to the workplace every day, you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. Our worldwide staff is a close community where you can see the tangible results of your contributions, where every individual matters, and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through ongoing development. Our scientific focus has resulted in marketed products that are benefiting hundreds of thousands of people, a pipeline of late-stage drug candidates, and unmatched patient access programs to ensure medications are available to those who could otherwise not afford them. By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to address unmet medical needs and improve life by advancing the care of patients with life-threatening diseases.
Gilead Sciences has an opportunity for an experienced candidate in our Formulation & Process Development group at our Headquarters in Foster City, CA. We are seeking motivated, team-oriented individuals with scientific experience with lab work related to small molecules.
Essential Duties and Job Functions:
- The candidate will support activities for preclinical and clinical projects and work in highly collaborative cross-functional teams
- Under close supervision, perform procedures, trials and experiments that support research and development projects.
- Operates scientific equipment, selects appropriate methods and techniques to perform analyses, and prepares related reports.
- Uses established data, reports and previous results to identify inappropriate variances and concerns and reports inconsistent results to supervisor.
- Depending on level of experience may plan and organize details of experiments with guidance.
- May present data or prepare information for others to present.
- Works closely with immediate supervisor on problems that may be of moderate complexity.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and interpersonal skills are required.
- Demonstrates technical proficiency, scientific creativity, collaboration with others and independent thought in suggesting experimental design and research strategy.
- Must think critically and creatively and be able to work independently on assigned tasks, determine appropriate resources for resolution of problems and have strong organizational and planning skills
- 2+ years’ industry experience with BS degree in Chemical/Biochemical Engineering, Chemistry or related scientific discipline.
- 0-2 years’ industry experience with MS degree in related scientific discipline.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S. employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. “Full vaccination” is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law’ poster.
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.