Downstream Development Scientist
- Support purification process development for diverse therapeutic biologics in the pipeline for both early and late stage product development.
- Conduct all aspects of downstream process unit operations, including harvest centrifugation, depth filtration, chromatography, TFF, viral inactivation and viral filtration to support process development, optimization and characterization. Activities primarily occur at bench scale.
- Contribute to the evaluation of new technology/equipment that can be applied across multiple programs.
- Document data accurately in laboratory notebooks as per established company guidelines and procedures.
- Draft technical reports, memos, procedures, protocols, and presentations as needed.
- Organizational support and cross-functional project team participation.
- Present to department and at project team meetings.
- BS (0+ years) in Chemical Engineering/Biological Engineering/Biochemistry/Chemistry or related disciplines
- Fundamental understanding of protein separation theories and practices
- Understanding of chromatography specifically HPLC (affinity and ion exchange), Beer's Law, and spectrophotometry, pH and conductivity
- Understanding of cell removal via mechanical and physical means would be useful.
- Purification process development experience in the biotechnology and pharmaceutical industry is highly desired
- Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude.
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies.
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Position is full-time, Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Lexington, MA are encouraged to apply. Excellent full time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays