Grant Writer: For Nonprofit focused on Foster Youth and Adoptees
POWER OF STORY is looking for a motivated individual to assist with developing and writing grant proposals to grant-making organizations that will persuasively communicate our mission and programs to potential funders.
· Excellent research, writing, and communication skills
· Attention to detail
Reports to: Executive Director
· Attendance at 1-hour initial training and 1 board meeting annually (both can be virtual)
· Maintain a respectful relationship with clients, staff, and other volunteers
· Assemble/submit grant requests, including letters, proposals, budgets, and presentation
· Conduct foundation + grant prospect research
· Review + incorporate current research on the Power of Story for young people
· Other duties as assigned
Compensation: no financial compensation, but lots of benefits (see below)
Benefits of Volunteering:
· Give back to youth and young people.
· Connect with others who are also passionate about this work.
· Volunteering is good for your mind and body.
· Volunteering provides career experience + teaches valuable job skills.
· Volunteering brings fun and fulfillment to your life.
Volunteer Shifts: Flexible 3-4 hours per week
Commitment: At least 6 months, 1-year minimum preferred