Occupational Therapist OT
- This position is full time Monday – Friday day shift with rotations.
- Will be part of an inpatient weekend rotation in Janesville.
- Supports the hand clinic; evaluates and treats occupational therapy referrals.
Experience a rewarding and fulfilling career with Mercyhealth. Mercyhealth is committed to offering our partners a best place to work. Our unique workplace Culture of Excellence is built upon:
- Employee engagement, empowerment and growth
- Teamwork toward our common goal – providing exceptional health care services with a passion for making lives better
- An atmosphere of caring and quality that cascades throughout the organization
Essential duties and Responsibilities
- Reviews Physician's referral, patient's condition and medical records to determine occupational therapy treatment required. Obtains history and subjective components of the evaluation.
- Measures patient's range-of-joint motion, grip/pinch strength, sensation, coordination, muscle strength to assist with the evaluation.
- Completes evaluations and treatment addressing ADL activities, functional, strength, and cognitive deficits.
- Completes an assessment of patient's current status, develops goals and a treatment plan with recommendations.
- Plans and implements therapeutic programs and activities designed to restore, reinforce, and enhance task performances, diminish or correct pathology, and to promote and maintain health and self-sufficiency.
- Instructs, motivates, and assists patients to learn and improve functional activities and daily living activities.
- Recommends, designs and adapts equipment for the working and living environment.
- Fabricates splints and other assistant devices.
- Completes wound evaluation, treatment and management.
- Assists in instructing patient and family in home programs as well as care and use of adaptive equipment.
- Administers active and passive manual therapeutic exercises, mobilization of tissue and joints, heat, water, and electrical modality treatments such as ultrasound, electrical stimulation, and hot and cold packs.
- Confers with members of occupational therapy staff and other health team members, individually and in conference, to exchange, discuss, and evaluate patient information for planning, modifying, and coordinating treatment programs.
- Evaluates effects of treatment at various stages and adjusts treatments to achieve maximum benefit.
- Records treatment, response, and progress in patient's chart or enters information into computer.
- Performs complete, thorough, and timely electronic documentation.
- Confers with Physician and other practitioners to obtain additional patient information, suggest revisions in treatment program, and integrate occupational therapy treatment with other aspects of patient's health care.
- Orients, instructs, and directs work activities of assistants, technicians, and students.
- Participates in the development of community education or promotional program in the rehabilitation field annually.
- Assists in the development of new services or programs.
- Strengths in care delivery as evidenced by peer review feedback; consistently demonstrates advanced evaluation and treatment techniques.
- Participates actively in the PI and CQI process.
- Acts as a Clinical Instructor for OTR and COTA students.
- Participates in cost savings initiatives in the department.
Education and Experience
- BS or BA from an accredited program in Occupational Therapy
- Completion of internship as required by program
- Certified/Licensed in Wisconsin, Illinois, or both if required
- Registered by NBCOT or eligible for certification and registration
- CPR certification
Special Physical Demands
- The Special Physical Demands of this position are considered Essential Job Duties with our without accommodation.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit, stoop, walk, and stand. The employee is occasionally required to kneel, crouch, crawl, climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Occupational Therapist, Therapy, OT
EOE&AA/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Mercy is an equal employment opportunity employer functioning under Affirmative Action Plans.