Join Our Team!
Valencia College is now hiring an Irrigation Specialist to join the Grounds Maintenance teams for our West campus.
In this role, the Irrigation Specialist is responsible for the repairs, service, and installation of the irrigation systems operated primarily throughout the College’s worksites and grounds. This position also entails communicating, discerning and exchanging information, detecting and perceiving objects up close, at a distance, and the ability to adjust focus.
At Valencia College, it’s more than just a job. We understand the importance of fostering a collaborative environment and achieving a true work/life balance.
Join one of the largest community colleges in Florida, recognized as one of “The Great Colleges to Work For” by The Chronicle of Higher Education, and the inaugural winner of the Aspen Prize for Community College Excellence, take the first steps by completing and submitting an online application for this position. There are plenty of places to find employment, but at Valencia College, you'll find fulfillment.
The ideal candidate will have:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) [required]
- A valid Driver’s License [required]
- Irrigation experience [required]
- Demonstrate knowledge of landscape requirements, basic irrigation repairs and upkeep and understating of design and layout of various types of irrigation systems. [preferred]
- Demonstrate ability to perform hard manual labor which may require heavy lifting and carrying [required]
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively to build strong collaborative relationships with various departments within the organization. (preferred)
- A demonstrated commitment to equity and inclusion.
Please click here for a complete job description.
Valencia’s Total Rewards package, features:
- Free medical, dental benefits and paid life insurance premiums
- Generous paid time off - vacation leave, sick leave, personal days, spring break, winter break, and other holidays
- Florida Retirement System (FRS) membership
- YMCA membership benefits
- Educational and Professional development opportunities for you and your dependents and so much more….
Moreover, we believe you will appreciate the commitment to work-life balance plus the inspiring, motivating, and teamwork-oriented environment that we enjoy every day.
Location: FL Based - Orlando, FL 32808 - West Campus
Valencia College has campuses conveniently located throughout Central Florida that are accessible by local freeways, expressways and surface streets. But the convenient commute is just part of the appeal.
As one of the fastest growing cities in America, Orlando offers just the right mix of laid-back Florida lifestyle and the amenities of a big city, making it a great place to live and work.
Department: Grounds Maintenance
Closing Date: Tuesday, September 28, 2021, at 11:59 pm EST.
If this opportunity sounds inspiring, please complete and submit an online application along with a cover letter and resume to be considered for this position.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Valencia College is an equal opportunity institution. We provide equal opportunity for employment and educational services to all.