Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? We apply advances in robotics and software to solve real-world problems that delight our customers' experiences in ways we can't even imagine yet.
Amazon Robotics is located in the greater Boston area, the epicenter of robotics innovation. Our diverse team of engineers come from all over the world to design, test and build our dynamic fleet of robots and mechatronic systems. Having our offices, labs, test floors and factories all co-located means that we can design the hardware, write the code, test, build and watch it all come to life. This allows us to innovate quickly and on limitless ideas. Current advancements are underway in autonomous movement and mobility, artificial intelligence and machine learning, manipulation, simulation, robotic management software, predictive analytics, and much more.
Job Overview – As an Amazon Robotics mechanical engineer, you will develop innovative system architectures and module designs for our robot drive solutions. The ideal candidate has experience designing and analyzing mechanical systems, enjoys analytical problem solving and possesses practical knowledge of medium volume manufacturing methods using stamping, extrusion, casting, and injection molding. This position reports directly to the Mechanical Engineering Manager.
The Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for:
· Working with an interdisciplinary team to execute product designs from concept to production including specification, design, prototyping, validation and testing
· Working with the Operations, Manufacturing, Supply Chain and Quality organizations as well as vendors to ensure a smooth product launch
· Writing functional specifications, design verification plans, and functional test procedures
· Exhibit role model behaviors of thorough engineering analysis and cradle to grave ownership
· BS in Mechanical Engineering
· SolidWorks or similar CAD experience with best practices for part design, advanced assemblies, complex configuration management
· Hands on experience crafting simple proof-of-concept models
· Thorough understanding and use of principals, theories and concepts in mechanical engineering
· Strong organizational skills and the ability to work well with teams
· Ability to effectively communicate concepts and write technical documents
· Desire and energy to work in a fast-paced agile environment
· Experience in the design of complex mechanical products and equipment
· Proficiency documenting designs in accordance with ANSI Y-14.5
· Experience designing and debugging tooled (cast, injection mold, forge, stamp, etc) components
· Proficiency with Product Lifecycle Management PLM software and ECO’s
· MS in Mechanical Engineering
· Experience with DFMA software
· Proficiency with SolidWorks Simulation or Ansys Finite Element Analysis tools
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.