Fundraising Canvass Director
Full-time • Competitive Pay & Benefits • Multiple Locations
About The Outreach Team
The Outreach Team is a firm that specializes in face-to-face canvassing. We partner with organizations working to solve some of the biggest problems facing our society -- from protecting human rights to fighting climate change -- and help them build the resources they need to make an impact. We are a people-powered enterprise; our campaigns are effective because we hire diverse teams of talented people, invest in our staff, and treat them well.
Featured Partner - ACLU
One of our current partners is the American Civil Liberties Union. The ACLU is the nation's largest public interest law firm, standing up for all American’s civil rights. Through litigation and lobbying, the ACLU works to protect segments of the population that have traditionally been denied their rights. With a presence in all 50 states, the ACLU is working to advance equality for people of color, women, gay and transgender people, prisoners, immigrants, and people with disabilities.
The ACLU can only sustain their critical work and take on new challenges, campaigns, and cases, with members and money. That’s why they’re partnering with us; we have the experience and expertise to recruit the members and raise the money groups like the ACLU rely on to run effective campaigns.
We are looking for talented leaders to run face-to-face fundraising campaigns. A canvass director builds an office from the ground up and is responsible for training and managing a staff of paid canvassers to hit ambitious membership and fundraising goals. The ideal candidate is eager to get hands-on experience with fundraising, project management, and staff development and is prepared to be challenged.
- Train staff in skills needed to be successful fundraisers and communicators. Provide ongoing motivation for staff. Ensure company policies are upheld.
- Canvass 3-4 days a week, leading by example by consistently meeting and exceeding goals.
- Participate in canvasser hiring and onboarding, including interviewing and offering candidates..
- Create canvasser schedules, develop turf plans, oversee daily logistics, track field and donor information, process payroll.
- Ensure the staff and the canvassing efforts are rooted in and shaped by the values of equity and justice. Infusing equity and justice principles into every aspect of the job including but not limited to staff management, recruitment and canvassing.
- Ability to effectively interface with members of the public
- Motivated to make a difference through fundraising
- Driven and goal-oriented
- Trainable and open to new skills
- Good listening and communication skills
- Ability to build a team, motivate and inspire others
- Toughness; a strong work ethic
- Trustworthy, professional and reliable
- Attention to detail
- Previous canvass or campaign experience
- Previous sales, customer service, or fundraising experience
- Geographic flexibility, an ability to relocate to run an office
Salary: Target annual compensation for this position is $55,000-$75,000. The starting base salary range is $51,600-$62,000; bonuses and incentives fall in the range of $3,500 to $10,000. We offer a generous benefits package, including paid vacation and sick leave, health insurance, hands-on training, and opportunities for advancement.
At The Outreach Team, we prioritize equity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and we strongly encourage Black, indigenous, people of color, women, people with previous felony convictions, members of the LGBTQIA+ community, and others who identify with underrepresented groups to apply.
Please note: We want to hire people of all gender identities. This hiring platform (JazzHR) does not allow us to add in specific options for gender identities outside of the binary, but we are currently working with them to find a solution.