ESL/SSL Program Assistant
Overview: Roosevelt Park Ministries is now hiring for a bilingual ESL (English as a second language)/ SSL (Spanish as a second language) program assistant to work alongside the Director and ESL Coordinator to sustain, evaluate, and manage language programs. We are looking for a reliable, hardworking, and self-motivated individual.
Job Type: Part-time
- Plan and implement a curriculum for different levels of ESL/SSL learners
- Teach one or more sections of ESL and SSL courses
- Provide one-on-one tutoring sessions
- Update and track online data
- Develop marketing materials for ESL/SSL
- Help to grow the SSL program by recruiting students and volunteers
- Develop surveys to collect qualitative and quantitative data
- Administrative duties, alongside the ESL Coordinator
- Bilingual Spanish/English skills required
- Strong listening and relationship skills with a history of treating people with dignity and respect
- Basic computer skills required
- Interest in Education and/or Communications and Marketing preferred
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships with students and other staff members.
- Experience in teaching English or Spanish as a Second Language is preferred
About us: Roosevelt Park Ministries provides Christ-centered, holistic support to individuals and families
living in and around the Roosevelt Park area. RPM bridges a community in need by promoting the
development of strong families and community leaders, fostering an environment that celebrates
inclusion, and providing opportunities to build strong economic bases. RPM was established through an
initiative of deacons of Roosevelt Park Community CRC in partnership with the Christian Reformed
World Relief Committee (World Renew) and is based on the Christian Community Development model
developed by Dr. John Perkins. Incorporated in 1996, RPM is a separate non-profit organization
responsible for its own program development and funding. For more information about our
organization, visit http://rooseveltparkministries.org/.
To Apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
If hired, the candidate must complete a background check.
Roosevelt Park Ministries is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. It is the philosophy, intent, and commitment of Roosevelt Park Ministries to adhere to a policy of equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, or mental or physical disability or any other status protected by law.