Real Estate Development Internship
Are you interested in working for the company that won No.1 Large Company in the Colorado 2019 Top Work Places Awards and is one of Outside Magazine’s Best Places to Work? Join the award winning East West Partners team in Denver!
East West Partners is seeking a professional, highly-organized, and goal oriented internship candidate with strong communication skills, for our 2021 Summer Internship program. The ideal candidate will have a passion for learning and showcase leadership skills, integrity, interpersonal strengths, and have a good work ethic.
Summary of Position
The purpose of the 2021 Summer Internship is to provide exposure to all aspects of real estate development including, but not limited to: financing, entitlement, government approvals, master planning and design, construction management, and marketing. The intern will play an instrumental supportive role to various senior leaders and team members. The Intern will be an active member of our dynamic, collaborative, and fun team.
- Perform due diligence for new development opportunities, assisting in underwriting and review of environmental, title and legal documents
- Assist in preparing business plans, including deal memorandums, presentation decks, annual operating plans, financial forecasts, and strategic planning
- Assist with obtaining project entitlements, including careful documentation and tracking of approvals and timeline
- Assist in forecasting project budgets and cash flows, and managing project deliverables
- Effectively communicate relevant project information to senior leaders and other team members
- Assist in documenting meeting minutes and file organization
This description outlines the basic responsibilities and requirements for the position noted. This is not a comprehensive listing of all responsibilities of the Intern, which may change based on business needs.
The Summer Internship will be a full-time (40 hours/week), 10 week program. We are flexible on the start and end date and will work with the selected candidate to determine program dates.
This position is based in Denver, CO with the short-term opportunity of working out of other in- and out- of state project locations.
Wage: $20 - 25/ hour, DOQ
How to Apply
For more information, or to express interest, please contact email@example.com. Or apply online at https://jobs.eastwest.com/. Application deadline: 5/21/2021.
Benefits & Perks
- Career Development Trainings
- Discounts at Eye Pieces & Venture Sports
- Employee Assistance Program
About East West Partners
East West Partners is devoted to building, selling, managing and supporting high-quality real estate and life experiences with a focus on innovation, sustainability and community. Since 1986, the firm has developed and sold over $7 billion of residential and commercial real estate across the country. East West Partners is one of only two companies to have received three Urban Land Institute Awards for Excellence for their projects - Beaver Creek Village in Beaver Creek, Colo.; and Union Station Neighborhood and Riverfront Park, both in Denver, Colo. East West Partners was named the No.1 Large Company in the Denver Post’s 2019 Colorado Top Workplaces Awards.
Why East West
Our mission is to cultivate and sustain an inclusive and welcoming environment in which everyone thrives and feels like they belong. We believe in doing the right thing for each other and our communities. That starts by living true to our core value, Embracing Diversity. These principles are always top of mind and are never in question.
- We believe racism, discrimination and acts of violence are intolerable.
- We believe that being unique is powerful.
- We believe inclusion and diversity are integral ingredients to progress.
- We will actively pursue diversity and inclusion.
- We will commit resources to new and existing initiatives.
- We will listen and create opportunities for all voices to be heard to inspire positive change.
For more information on East West Partners, visit https://www.ewpartners.com/.
Why East West
- Strong knowledge of MS Office and proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint is a plus
- Strong attention to detail, organizational, and analytical skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks based on workload
- Must be a team player, but also a self-starter that can perform with limited direction
- Complex thinker and demonstrate strong intellectual curiosity
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- This internship is open to college undergraduate students or graduate students
East West Partners is an equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-verify.