Supply and Logistics Summer Internship
Logistics Summer Internship - Mentor, OH
As a Summer Logistics Intern, you will be tasked with a logistics related project pertaining to establishing, verifying and updating crated and uncrated weights and dimensions for all capital equipment that STERIS ships. This Summer, you will be responsible for communicating cross functionally with several different business groups including Marketing, Traffic, Shipping plants and potentially Sales. You will learn about the logistics of planning and executing a delivery, and how this project fits into the value stream within our Customer Operations group!
Key Internship Information:
- Paid Internship
- Internship Timeframe: Summer May 17th 2021 - August 6th 2021
- Full-Time - 40 Hours Monday-Friday (8am-5pm)
- Location - This will be a blended onsite and work from home opportunity. This means that you will be required to be onsite at our Mentor, OH facility multiple times per week.
What will you do as a Logistics Intern?
- Review and utilize lists of items that are missing dimensions within Oracle
- Work with logistics team to understand needs assessment and estimate the additional time being spent by the logistics team when dimensions are not listed in Oracle
- Partner with plant representatives to establish crated weights and dimensions for outgoing Capital equipment.
- Collaborate with Oracle item master data team to update missing dimensions
- Identify exceptions due to customized equipment and formulate solutions for these instances
- Collaborate with the Marketing team to understand uncrated weights and dimensions and ensure these are represented within our quoting system Sales Connection.
- Establish communication standards for ensuring that new products can be updated upon creation both at the plant level and within the item creation in Oracle.
- Track results of this project to report out the total number of item component dimensions added into Oracle
- Project the time savings to the logistics team by having the dimensions added into Oracle
- Present final report and impact analysis to management team.
What Skills, Abilities, and Education do you need?
- Currently enrolled in a four-year undergraduate degree program or a master’s program in Business, Supply Chain, Logistics, or similar. at a Junior or above level.
- Must be able to commit to the Summer Internship Program timeframe of May 17th - August 6th and be available to work onsite at our Mentor, Ohio HQ as often/frequently as needed as designated by the team.
- Self-Starter who can take direction and follow through on tasks
- Strong decision-making skills; understands how decisions impact the Customer and the Company
- Ability to lead and influence a cross-functional team and operate in a highly complex environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Must demonstrate a high level of professionalism and integrity
- Excellent communication skills – written, verbal and presentation
- Ability to handle multiple demands from many people and prioritize effectively
- Ability to maintain composure under pressure and demonstrate a “can do” attitude
- Teamwork oriented.
What will you gain from your Internship at STERIS?
An Internship at STERIS will provide meaningful experiences that will enhance your education, give you real word experience, and help prepare you for a role after graduation. We will work to provide you practical experience and the work you do here will have a direct impact on our Logistics team that you will get to see in real time! This opportunity will give you the exposure to cross-functional teams and the overall organization.
At STERIS, we are making a difference for our Customers every day. We don't just create products. We create amazing solutions that help reduce the threat of infection. We are the best at what we do. Our people make it so. We attract a variety of talented people who are simply...extraordinary. Our teams are doing remarkable things together. Because at STERIS, we know that no matter what role you have, you can make an impact. And we find that pretty energizing. Join us as a Logistics Intern!