Mobility Transportation Driver
Full-time and part-time positions available.
Pay starts at $13/hr but we pay more for experience. Full-time is a 44 hour work week and includes overtime at time and a half.
SUMMARY: Responsible for safely transporting wheelchair patients to and from their destinations.
Do you enjoy helping others? Do you love driving? You career in health care starts here!
Life EMS Ambulance is dedicated to being the very best in all that we do, and that begins with our team. We are committed to creating a rewarding work environment for all of our associates, which is reflected in our national and regional recognition as one of the "Top 100 Best & Brightest Workplaces." We strive to provide the best patient care and service excellence, while providing PPE for all associates to keep everyone safe. If you desire the same commitment to excellence, we invite you to consider joining our team today!
We strive to provide a competitive pay and comprehensive benefits package to our associates, including some of the following:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid time off - two weeks of vacation time within your first year
- Tuition assistance for EMT and Paramedic schooling
- Free continuing education classes
- Life Insurance that is free coverage up to $40,000 for an associate.
- Additional coverage is available.
- Flexible spending accounts for medical and child care
- Long term and short term disability insurance
- 401k retirement plan
- Length of Service Bonus'
- Free vaccinations
- Uniforms are provided and an annual boot allowance
- Associate Assistance Program with free counseling sessions for associates and their family members
- Wellness Activities
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure daily customer happiness
- Provides safe, efficient, and comfortable transport of patients
- Effective communicator
- Follows all applicable federal, state, and local laws, statues, and regulations
- Drives in a safe manner, following Life EMS safe driving standards and techniques
- Maintains a clean, well-organized vehicle
- Completes invoices and other paperwork completely and accurately
- Is proficient in using maps and has a thorough working knowledge of the area
- Performs other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Knowledge of city streets and traffic regulations.
- Responsible for maintaining a positive working relationship with fellow associates, hospital and nursing home personnel, as well as the general public.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must maintain a valid State of Michigan Chauffeur license and a good driving record
- Must have a high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Must possess or obtain a current BLS CPR card
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the associate is required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance visions, color visions, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. The associates must also do the following:
- Drive using wrist motions to manipulate steering wheel frequently and rotating neck
- Lift and carry wheelchairs weighing 45 pounds
- Push, pull wheelchairs and lift during stair ascend/descend with 130 pound patient
- Pull van’s wheelchair elevation platform
- Lift and transfer 130 pound patient from chair to wheelchair, buckle and unbuckle wheelchair to floor platform
- Ability to wear an N95 mask or similar if needed