Licensed Practical Nurse
Provides care for ill, injured, or convalescing patients or persons with disabilities in hospital or other healthcare settings.
• Administers prescribed medications or start intravenous fluids, noting times and amounts on patients' electronic medical record.
• Observes patients and reports changes in patients' conditions, such as adverse reactions to medication or treatment, and taking any necessary action.
• Answers patients' calls and determines how to assist them.
• Measures and records patients' vital signs, such as height, weight, temperature, blood pressure, pulse, or respiration.
• Provides basic patient care or treatments, such as taking temperatures or blood pressures, dressing wounds, treating bedsores, giving enemas or douches, rubbing with alcohol, massaging, or performing catheterizations.
• Maintains a safe environment complying with NLH policies and procedures; reports and directly addresses environmental hazards and violations of patient safety policy and/or protocol when involved or observed.
• May perform other duties upon request.