Marketing & Web Intern - Remote
20 hours per week | January-August 2021
Are you looking for an internship opportunity where you have a voice in the direction of the work and can see real impact and results in the end product? Read on.
Hello West Michigan promotes West Michigan as a great place to live and work. We have 2 sides
- One helps businesses and their HR teams find the right job candidates for their openings.
- The other markets the region and helps people relocating to West Michigan.
This internship is all about the marketing that takes place at the intersection of business and lifestyle.
Our interns make up a third of our team and are an integral part of the ever-changing conversation about how we carry out our mission.
Under general direction, the Marketing and Web Intern manages several of their own project areas and gains exposure to the work done by other team members in a collaborative environment. This position is 100% remote for the time being. If our office re-opens during the course of the internship, we will reassess virtual/in-person based on the needs of the intern, Hello West Michigan, and office capacity.
- Original writing
- Help shape and produce in-bound marketing materials such as eNewsletter
- Interview successful hires and write candidate testimonials
- Brainstorm, write, and promote postings for the #MiReason blog
- Social Media
- Strategizing a content calendar that uses both curated and original content to advance goals
- Writing and scheduling posts based on content calendar on a variety of platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn
- Creating new original content through graphic design and writing and occasionally video for social media
- Research new content and resources for the website
- Verify job portal profiles are up to date, relevant, and suggest edits
- Update photos and site content
- Working with Candidates
- Interacting with candidates and processing new candidate leads to ensure a smooth process
- Researching candidate stories to use in marketing collateral
- Assist in development of new projects for in-bound messaging to candidates
Our interns work with high-level professionals in marketing and human resources who serve as volunteers from member companies. In addition to key responsibilities, interns will get exposure to
- Digital marketing campaigns: analytics, vendor contracts, campaign strategy and optimization
- Business meetings: etiquette, relationships, communication
- Event Planning: brainstorming, budgeting, planning, execution, follow up
- General HR and Talent landscape in West Michigan
- Comfortable in a formal professional setting
- Must be able to work independently without direct supervision
- Proven writing skills
- Experience with journalism, editing, newsletter, or blog writing
- Knowledge of Mailchimp and WordPress (or similar), Adobe Photoshop and InDesign, preferred not required
Open to current students graduating December 2021 or later.