QC Reagent Associate I
Position: QC Reagent Associate I
Location: San Carlos
Job Id: 5788
# of Openings: 1
Executes the preparation and qualification of molecular diagnostic reagents. Performs Quality Control tests on new incoming shipments of raw materials and small scale manufacturing procedures (formulations and dispensing) reagent. Reviews data obtained for compliance to specifications and reports abnormalities. Maintains and improves QC documentation pertaining to raw material specification, reagent qualification, and QC testing.
• Perform routine Quality Control tests on new incoming shipments of raw materials and small scale manufacturing procedures (formulations and dispensing) reagents following the standard methods and procedures typically under supervision.
• Reviews data obtained for compliance to specifications and reports abnormalities.
• Maintaining and improving QC documentation pertaining to raw material specification, reagent qualification, and QC testing.
• Responsible for maintaining updated understanding and knowledge of the methods employed in the laboratory.
• Participates in the preparation of investigations, summaries, and reports.
• Performs other tasks as specified by the manager/supervisor.
• Following GLP/GMP compliance.
• This role works with PHI on a regular basis both in paper and electronic form and have an access to various technologies to access PHI (paper and electronic) in order to perform the job
• Employee must complete training relating to HIPAA/PHI privacy, General Policies and Procedure Compliance training and security training as soon as possible but not later than the first 30 days of hire.
• Must maintain a current status on Natera training requirements
• Employee must pass post offer criminal background check.
•Performs other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Chemistry, or related field.
• Plus 0-1 years of relevant molecular biology experience in a laboratory setting is preferred.
• QC and/or development background is preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Experience with writing of SOP’s and QC documentation preferred or willingness to learn.
• Works on assignments that are routine in nature, requiring limited judgment.
• Normally receives detailed instructions on all work.
• Must be able to train on operational procedures and multi-task.
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel and working knowledge of Google Docs and LIMS
• Must have proven interpersonal, communication, computer, and technical skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills required
• Word processing and data management
• Computer skills (MS word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Duties are typically performed in a laboratory setting.
This position requires the ability to use a computer keyboard, use a telephone, read printed material and use equipment in reagent preparation. Must be able to lift up to 10-15 pounds.
Duties may require working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends) at times.
Driven by the passion for elevating the science and utility of genetic testing, Natera is committed to helping families identify and manage genetic diseases. Natera is a rapidly-growing diagnostics company with proprietary bioinformatics and molecular technology for analyzing DNA. Our complex technology has been proven clinically and commercially in the prenatal testing space and we are actively researching its applications in the liquid biopsy space for developing products with oncology applications.
The Natera team consists of highly dedicated statisticians, geneticists, doctors, laboratory scientists, business professionals, software engineers and many other professionals from world-class institutions, who care deeply for our work and each other. When you join Natera, you’ll work hard and grow quickly. Working alongside the elite of the industry, you’ll be stretched and challenged, and take pride in being part of a company that is changing the landscape of genetic disease management.
WHAT WE OFFER
Competitive Benefits. Healthy catered lunches, Premium snacks and beverages, Onsite gym with cardio and weight-training equipment, Game room with satellite TV, Onsite dry cleaning and alteration service with pick-up and delivery, Employee-organized sport leagues, Happy hours and BBQs, Generous Employee Referral program.
For more information, visit www.natera.com.
Natera is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace environment, and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. Inclusive collaboration benefits our employees, our community and our patients, and is critical to our mission of changing the management of disease worldwide.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws.