Information Technology College Intern/Co-op
We are looking for a talented Information Technology Intern/Co-op to work year-round, at our Plymouth facility. As a paid co-op, you will be able to apply coursework concepts to real-world situations working alongside professional, experienced colleagues while also gaining valuable experience working for a global manufacturing and engineering company.
Compensation: $14-$17 based upon class standing
Work Schedule: Year-round, 16-30 hours per week
Core Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Provide computer hardware and software support to customers in person, over the phone and remotely
- Assist with installation, configuration, and ongoing usability of system hardware and software
- Install, setup, and maintain workstation peripherals hardware, operating systems and networking components
- Verify functionality of hardware and software components
- Support Conference Rooms and AV Systems
- Assist and/or coordinate support with Helpdesk, network services, application and other information systems groups
- Maintain knowledge of current hardware, software, and standards
- Effectively manage Helpdesk Request, Incident and Changes with Helpdesk Tool
- Maintain accurate hardware and software inventory
- Implement and support strategic IT processes and/or projects per corporate
- Must be currently enrolled in a degree seeking program at a college/university and pursuing a technology (IT) related degree
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications and computer based file structures
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem solving skills
- Able to work effectively and efficiently with minimal supervision
- Willing to work and multi task in fast pace environment
- Able to work well in a team environment
- Minimum GPA 3.0 or above
- Position is located in a mixed office and manufacturing environment, and may involve physical activity such as bending, stooping, crouching, reaching, hand-eye coordination, manual dexterity, and sitting for long periods of time.
Link is an Equal Opportunity Employer Disabled/Minority/Women/Veterans.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor.
Link is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employees to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United States.
Accessibility for Applicants with Disabilities: If you need a reasonable accommodation for the online application process due to a disability please call 1-734-453-0800. Please provide your contact information and details about the posted position of interest. Only inquiries regarding assistance for those who need an accommodation with the online application process due to a disability will be returned.
Note to all Agencies / Direct Placement: Link has a team of dedicated recruiters who are responsible for all hiring needs. Our practice is to partner and work with our approved vendors only and on an as needed basis. Link has identified and finalized our list of preferred vendors and the review process has been closed. We do not accept resumes from recruiting agencies that are not a preferred vendor, have not been authorized or approved by Corporate Recruiting to partner on a position and have not signed Link’s vendor agreement. Any resumes submitted from unapproved vendors will be considered unsolicited, and Link will not be obligated to pay a referral fee.