Summer Internship: HR Compensation Analyst
AutoZone’s Summer Internship Program is designed to give students a challenging, hands-on experience in the corporate retail industry. Depending on your educational background and interests, we offer opportunities in a variety of departments that serve to support our stores throughout the United States, Puerto Rico, Mexico and Brazil. No matter which area you choose, you'll attend weekly presentations with senior leadership, gain exposure to different areas of our business, and work on business-critical projects – all while experiencing AutoZone’s corporate culture and life in Memphis.
The Compensation Analyst Intern will research job requirements and evaluate job positions to ensure the company is competitive in the areas of salaries and employee benefits.
- Prepares and maintains job descriptions for each position in the organization; ensures descriptions accurately reflect the work being performed by incumbents.
- Interviews and surveys employees and managers to gather and document job, organizational, and occupational information including duties, responsibilities, and skills required by each job.
- Assesses jobs and their respective duties to determine classification as exempt or nonexempt and appropriate salary range.
- Benchmarks jobs against survey data and other market intelligence to determine competitive compensation ranges for each position.
- Prepares and maintains job classifications and salary scales.
- Prepares and presents summary reports of job analysis and compensation analysis information.
- Gathers data from market-based compensation surveys; uses spreadsheet and data analysis techniques to assess results and market trends.
- Evaluates and implements job analysis instruments and materials.
- Conducts data and cost analyses to be used in employee negotiations and collective bargaining agreements.
- Researches employee benefits in similar industries; based on findings, recommends changes or updates to the companys existing benefits or policies.
- Works with insurance brokers and investment planners to create competitive, cost-effective benefits packages for the organization; facilitates implementation and enrollment for insurance and retirement plans.
- Conducts focus groups to collect employee feedback on specific issues or topics related to benefits and compensation.
- Plans and communicates preferred methods and best practices for hiring, training, compensating, and evaluating employees.
- Advises management on applicable state and federal employment regulations, benefits and compensation policies, human resource procedures, and collective agreements.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.