Technology Summer 2020 Intern - Business Systems Analyst
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TCM, truTV and others.
See what it’s like to work at WarnerMedia! Discover more about the program and follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
What does our department do?
The Media Software and Services – Entertainment Business Systems team manages the technology that supports critical business processes across Turner’s entertainment areas. We manage a portfolio of custom developed and 3rd party solutions to meet the ever-changing needs of our Entertainment clients.
What will you be doing?
- The Business Analyst Intern will be working on a project to enhance an existing business-critical application with key functionality
- Will be involved in all phases of the software development process, from discovery through implementation, following an agile approach
- Elicit, document, organize, prioritize, and communicate product user stories
- Assist and partner with application team with system design and development and testing activities
- Help coordinate the production implementation of solution; including facilitation of training, coordination of business process changes, and post production support and monitoring
- Other tasks and responsibilities may be assigned
What do we require from you?
- Advanced analytical, problem-solving, and troubleshooting skills with the ability to translate complex concepts between business and technical groups
- Excellent written/verbal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to plan, multi-task, and manage time effectively; must be diligent and proactive
- Great teamwork and collaboration skills as well as an ability to function independently
- General understanding of software systems, including basic knowledge of servers, databases, and client side technology
- 3rd or 4th year undergraduate student or recent graduate studying computer science, information systems or relevant technology field
What’s so great about this internship?
- An opportunity to work with a great team in a relaxed setting supporting a growing area of the Turner business
- Valuable experience working across all phases of the software development lifecycle
- Networking opportunities to meet people throughout the organization
Internship dates are May 26, 2020 – August 7, 2020. All interns are expected to work 40 hours per week and paid competitively based on location (relocation is not provided). Participation in the internship program is reserved for students who are currently enrolled or within 6 months post-graduation. Most positions are targeted to upperclassmen and graduate students. Candidates must be qualified and available to work at the time the application is submitted. Full-time employment is not guaranteed at the end of the program.
WarnerMedia and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.