Habitat and Access Technician
STATE OF WYOMING
invites applications for the position of:
ATTP99-12130-Habitat and Access Technician-Cody and Sheridan
Open Until Filled
The Wyoming Game and Fish Department is seeking two Habitat and Access Technicians in Cody and Sheridan, WY. These positions perform a variety of land management practices associated with the development and maintenance of Wildlife Habitat Management Areas (WHMAs) and Public Access Areas (PAAs).
Human Resource Contact: 307-777-4507 email@example.com
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The listed functions are illustrative only and are not intended to describe every function which may be performed in the job level.
- Irrigation – Flood, Center Pivots and gated pipe
- Fence construction and maintenance – Wildlife and stock fence
- Operation and maintenance of farm equipment
- Weed identification
- Wetland management
- WHMA and PAA maintenance (roads, parking areas, boat ramps, etc)
- ATV/UTV operation and maintenance
- Operation of power tools, 4x4 pickups and trailers
Preference will be given to those with farm or ranch background or experience related to range management, fish and wildlife resource management, habitat development or college course work towards a degree in range, fish, or wildlife management.
**Must have a valid driver's license.
- Knowledge and experience in farming and irrigation
- Knowledge of wildlife management, natural resource management, range management, wetland management, and habitat management
- Skill in organizing, planning, prioritizing, and managing time
- Ability to listen, be a team player and communicate with other employees and the public
- Ability to work alone and exercise independent judgment
None - See "Preferences"
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
PHYSICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Weekend work will be required
- Positions may require extended stays in campers
- Must be able to lift 50lbs
- Position will often independently work outside in all weather conditions
- FLSA: Non-exempt
- All new hires or rehires starting in a non-exempt position on or after January 1, 2018 are required to be paid hourly.
- Positions will be located in Cody (5-month position 5/1/2020 thru 9/30/2020) and Sheridan (4-month position 5/1/2020 thru 8/31/2020).
- Uniform, rain gear, and other necessary gear and equipment will be provided when in the field.
- Successful applicants for employment must pass a background check prior to appointment.
- In addition to submitting the state application, please submit a cover letter that includes career goals and suitability for the job to Brad Sorensen, Cody/Sheridan Region Habitat and Access Supervisor, by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CONTACT: For more information regarding these positions contact Brad Sorensen, Cody/Sheridan Habitat and Access Supervisor at 307-527-7125.
040-Wyoming Game and Fish Department - Service Division
Click here to view the State of Wyoming Classification and Pay Structure.
The State of Wyoming is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively supports the ADA and reasonably accommodates qualified applicants with disabilities.
Class Specifications are subject to change, please refer to the A & I HRD Website to ensure that you have the most recent version.
A complete listing of the State of Wyoming Classification and Pay Structure can be viewed at http://agency.governmentjobs.com/wyoming/default.cfm.
Dept. of Admin. & Information-Human Resource Div.
2001 Capitol Ave. Emerson Bldg. Rm 127
Cheyenne, WY 82002
Fax: (307) 777-6562
Class Code #ATTP99
Job # 12130
ATTP99-12130-HABITAT AND ACCESS TECHNICIAN-CODY AND SHERIDAN
The State of Wyoming is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively supports the ADA and reasonably accommodates qualified applicants with disabilities. No notice of eligibility will be sent to applicants who meet the minimum qualifications.