Biologist Technician Summer Intern
STATE OF WYOMING
invites applications for the position of:
ATTP99-12083-Biologist Technician Intern (2 Positions)-Lander
CLOSING DATE:02/05/20 11:59 PM
The Wyoming Game and Fish Department is seeking two Biologist Technician Interns located in Lander, WY. These interns will be given the opportunity to work with full-time and seasonal employees in multiple divisions within the Wyoming Game and Fish Department's Lander Region and Statewide Sections (includes Fisheries, Wildlife, Law Enforcement, Aquatic and Terrestrial Habitat, Information and Education, Conservation and Hunter Education, Habitat and Access, and Non-Game Wildlife as well as Water for Wildlife Foundation, a non-profit organization focused on improving habitat for wildlife). Job descriptions for positions within these different disciplines can be found on the Department's web site at http://wgfd.wyo.gov/gameandfishjobs/default.aspx
Human Resource Contact: Laura Curtis 307-777-4507 email@example.com
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The listed functions are illustrative only and are not intended to describe every function which may be performed in the job level.
- One of the major goals of the intern position is to provide an introduction to the diverse natural resource management careers available within the state's wildlife agency and non-profit conservation organizations.
- Assist in water development project folder/file management for over 400 water development projects that have been completed in Wyoming and throughout the West over the last 30 years.
- Projects completed include guzzlers, windmills and solar-powered wells, spring developments, wetlands, riparian fencing, and off-site water developments.
- Projects are currently in various states of functionality and usefulness to wildlife.
- Coordination with federal land management agencies, private landowners, and non-profit conservation organizations on planned and completed projects is necessary.
- Intern will be responsible for the development and maintenance of an extensive project database utilizing Excel spreadsheets.
- Extensive communication with project representatives, sportsmen, and Water For Wildlife Foundation members via phone, email, and in-person.
- In-field inspections of water development projects (status updates) within 150+/- miles of Lander, preparation of itemized lists of project repairs and cost estimates and light construction repair duties, creation of files database and nomenclature system for files, photos, etc.
Completion of sophomore or greater undergraduate coursework majoring in a natural resource management field. Student must be in "good academic standing". Students pursuing a bachelor's degree in wildlife management, range management, biology, zoology, ichthyology or closely related field will be considered.
**Applicants must attach the following to their online application: 1) a cover letter that includes your college and career goals, 2) resume (including 3 references), and 3) copy of college transcripts in .pdf format.
**Must have a valid driver's license.
- Ability to read maps, utilize GPS, operate 4x4 vehicles, ATV's, motorboats, basic carpentry skills, utilize Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Google Earth programs, wildlife and plant identification skills
None - See "Preferences"
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
PHYSICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Job may require occasional overnight camping in remote field sites (camp trailer and groceries normally provided by WGFD).
- FLSA: Non-exempt
- All new hires or rehires starting in a non-exempt position on or after January 1, 2018 are required to be paid hourly.
- Housing is not provided.
- Position will be located in Lander, Wyoming
- 480 Hours Total within period of approximately June 1, 2020 – August 31, 2020
- Successful applicants for employment must pass a background check prior to appointment.
- Questions about the intern position, call Jason at (307) 335-2609 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
040-Wyoming Game and Fish Department - Wildlife Division
Click here to view the State of Wyoming Classification and Pay Structure.
The State of Wyoming is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively supports the ADA and reasonably accommodates qualified applicants with disabilities.
Class Specifications are subject to change, please refer to the A & I HRD Website to ensure that you have the most recent version.
A complete listing of the State of Wyoming Classification and Pay Structure can be viewed at http://agency.governmentjobs.com/wyoming/default.cfm.
Dept. of Admin. & Information-Human Resource Div.
2001 Capitol Ave. Emerson Bldg. Rm 127
Cheyenne, WY 82002
Fax: (307) 777-6562
Class Code #ATTP99
Job # 12083
ATTP99-12083-BIOLOGIST TECHNICIAN INTERN (2 POSITIONS)-LANDER
The State of Wyoming is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively supports the ADA and reasonably accommodates qualified applicants with disabilities. No notice of eligibility will be sent to applicants who meet the minimum qualifications.