Habitat and Access Technician
STATE OF WYOMING
invites applications for the position of:
ATTP99-12090-Habitat and Access Technician-Rawlins
CLOSING DATE:01/29/20 11:59 PM
Position will perform a variety of land management practices associated with the development and maintenance of Wildlife Habitat Management Areas (WHMAs) and Public Access Areas (PAAs). The position will be located in Rawlins primarily working on Chain Lakes WHMA.
Human Resource Contact: Laura 307-777-4507 email@example.com
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The listed functions are illustrative only and are not intended to describe every function which may be performed in the job level.
- Fence construction and maintenance – Wildlife and stock fence
- Weed identification
- Range plant identification
- Wetland management
- Water well maintenance
- WHMA and PAA maintenance (roads, parking areas, etc.)
- ATV/UTV operation and maintenance
- Operation of power tools, 4x4 pickups, and trailers
- Operation and maintenance of farm and/or heavy equipment
Preference will be given to those with farm or ranch background, or experience related to range management, fish and wildlife resource management, habitat development, or college course work towards a degree in range, fish, or wildlife management.
**Must have a valid driver's license.
- Knowledge and experience in stock fence construction and maintenance
- Knowledge and experience in water well maintenance and plumbing
- Knowledge and ability to collect and process water samples
- Knowledge and experience in identifying native plants and noxious weeds
- Knowledge of wildlife management, natural resource management, range management, wetland management, and habitat management
- Ability to read livestock brands
- Skill in organizing, planning, prioritizing, and managing time
- Ability to listen, be a team player, and communicate with other employees and the public
- Ability to work alone and exercise independent judgment
None - See "Preferences"
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
PHYSICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Weekend work may be required
- Position may require extended stays in campers
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Position frequently will work independently
- Work will be outside in all weather conditions
- FLSA: Non-exempt
- All new hires or rehires starting in a non-exempt position on or after January 1, 2018 are required to be paid hourly.
- Position will be located in Rawlins at Chain Lakes WHMA (4-month position 2/15/2020 thru 6/30/2020).
- Uniform, rain gear, and other necessary gear and equipment will be provided when in the field.
- Successful applicants for employment must pass a background check prior to appointment.
- In addition to submitting the state application, please submit a cover letter that includes career goals and suitability for the job to Matt Pollock, Casper Habitat and Access Coordinator, by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CONTACT: For more information regarding this position contact Matt Pollock, Casper Habitat and Access Coordinator at 307-473-3426
040-Wyoming Game and Fish Department - Services
Click here to view the State of Wyoming Classification and Pay Structure.
The State of Wyoming is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively supports the ADA and reasonably accommodates qualified applicants with disabilities.
Class Specifications are subject to change, please refer to the A & I HRD Website to ensure that you have the most recent version.
A complete listing of the State of Wyoming Classification and Pay Structure can be viewed at http://agency.governmentjobs.com/wyoming/default.cfm.
Dept. of Admin. & Information-Human Resource Div.
2001 Capitol Ave. Emerson Bldg. Rm 127
Cheyenne, WY 82002
Fax: (307) 777-6562
Class Code #ATTP99
Job # 12090
ATTP99-12090-HABITAT AND ACCESS TECHNICIAN-RAWLINS
The State of Wyoming is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively supports the ADA and reasonably accommodates qualified applicants with disabilities. No notice of eligibility will be sent to applicants who meet the minimum qualifications.