Temporary Statewide Spawning Assistant
STATE OF WYOMING
invites applications for the position of:
ATAW99-11999-Statewide Spawning Assistant-Pinedale
CLOSING DATE:02/14/20 11:59 PM
The Wyoming Game and Fish Department is seeking one seven (7) month position that will assist the statewide spawning crew with the collection of eggs from various wild and captive salmonid brood stocks throughout the state.
Human Resource Contact: Laura 307-777-4507 firstname.lastname@example.org
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The listed functions are illustrative only and are not intended to describe every function which may be performed in the job level.
- Duties will include, but not be limited to, capturing wild fish using a variety of capture methods including trap nets, in-stream weirs, and gill nets.
- This position is required to work in various environmental conditions, using a variety of tools and equipment, and some heavy lifting may be required.
- Equipment and grounds maintenance will be necessary.
High School diploma and one year experience in fishery and wildlife management or college course work towards a degree in fishery and wildlife management, biology, ichthyology.
Preference will be given to those who attach a resume with their on-line state application. Cover letters are not required, but may be sent to Travis Trimble, Assistant Fish Culture Supervisor, 3030 Energy Lane, Suite 100, Casper, WY 82604 (email:email@example.com) Cover letters should include career plans, education and applicable class work to the position, experience, and dates available for employment.
**Must have a valid drivers license.
- Must be able to communicate and work will independently and with others.
- Experience in the operation of watercraft, 4WD vehicles, pulling a variety of trailers and ATV's.
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
PHYSICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Position requires extended stays (4-7 days) in camp trailers or primitive camping.
- FLSA: Non-exempt
- All new hires or rehires starting in a non-exempt position on or after January 1, 2018 are required to be paid hourly.
- Waders, uniforms, rain gear, and other necessary gear are provided.
- Position generally runs the beginning of May to late November.
- Housing through a camp trailer will be provided.
- No previous fisheries experience is required.
040-Wyoming Game and Fish Department - Fish Division
Click here to view the State of Wyoming Classification and Pay Structure.
The State of Wyoming is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively supports the ADA and reasonably accommodates qualified applicants with disabilities.
Class Specifications are subject to change, please refer to the A & I HRD Website to ensure that you have the most recent version.
A complete listing of the State of Wyoming Classification and Pay Structure can be viewed at http://agency.governmentjobs.com/wyoming/default.cfm.
Dept. of Admin. & Information-Human Resource Div.
2001 Capitol Ave. Emerson Bldg. Rm 127
Cheyenne, WY 82002
Fax: (307) 777-6562
Class Code #ATAW99
Job # 11999
ATAW99-11999-STATEWIDE SPAWNING ASSISTANT-PINEDALE
The State of Wyoming is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively supports the ADA and reasonably accommodates qualified applicants with disabilities. No notice of eligibility will be sent to applicants who meet the minimum qualifications.