Temporary Fish Culture Technicians
STATE OF WYOMING
invites applications for the position of:
ATTP99-11998-Fish Culture Technicians-Statewide
Open Until Filled
The Wyoming Game and Fish Department is seeking eight 3-6 month positions to assist with fish culture duties, general maintenance, and grounds keeping at the Wyoming Game and Fish Department fish hatcheries and rearing stations. 8 Positions
Human Resource Contact: Laura Curtis 307-777-4507 firstname.lastname@example.org
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The listed functions are illustrative only and are not intended to describe every function which may be performed in the job level.
- Duties will include, but not be limited to, rearing unit cleaning, fish feeding, fish distribution, and other fish culture activities.
- These positions will also assist with maintaining the grounds, equipment, and buildings
Preference may be given to those with the equivalent of a high school education and attach a resume with their on-line state application. Cover letters are not required but may be sent to Travis Trimble, Assistant Fish Culture Supervisor, 3030 Energy Lane, Suite 100, Casper, WY 82604 (email:email@example.com) Cover letters should include career plans, education and applicable classwork to the position, experience, and dates available for employment.
**Agency requires that the successful applicant possess a valid driver's license.
- Ability and knowledge of physical duties such as mowing, painting, and other grounds keeping and building maintenance duties.
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
PHYSICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
- These positions require working in various environmental conditions, using a variety of tools and equipment, and some heavy lifting may be required.
- FLSA: Non-exempt
- All new hires or rehires starting in a non-exempt position on or after January 1, 2018 are required to be paid hourly.
- One position will run from early April to late September (6 months).
- One position will run from early May to late August (4 months).
- The remaining 6 positions will run from mid-May to mid-August.
- Housing is provided at no charge to the employee, EXCEPT Story Hatchery
- No previous fish culture experience is required.
- Hatchery and Rearing Stations: Auburn Hatchery, Boulder Fish Rearing Station, Clark's Fork Hatchery, Dan Speas Rearing Station, Daniel Fish Hatchery, Dubois Fish Hatchery, Story Fish Hatchery, Ten Sleep Fish Hatchery, Tillett Springs Rearing Station and Wigwam Rearing Station
040-Wyoming Game and Fish Department - Fish Division
Click here to view the State of Wyoming Classification and Pay Structure.
The State of Wyoming is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively supports the ADA and reasonably accommodates qualified applicants with disabilities.
Class Specifications are subject to change, please refer to the A & I HRD Website to ensure that you have the most recent version.
A complete listing of the State of Wyoming Classification and Pay Structure can be viewed at http://agency.governmentjobs.com/wyoming/default.cfm.
Dept. of Admin. & Information-Human Resource Div.
2001 Capitol Ave. Emerson Bldg. Rm 127
Cheyenne, WY 82002
Fax: (307) 777-6562
Class Code #ATTP99
Job # 11998
ATTP99-11998-FISH CULTURE TECHNICIANS-STATEWIDE
The State of Wyoming is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively supports the ADA and reasonably accommodates qualified applicants with disabilities. No notice of eligibility will be sent to applicants who meet the minimum qualifications.