Aquatic Invasive Species Technicians (up to 44 positions)
invites applications for the position of:
ATTP99-11896-Aquatic Invasive Species (AIS) Technicians(44)-Statewide
SALARY:$13.73 - $15.01 Hourly
Open Until Filled
The Wyoming Game and Fish Department is seeking to hire forty-four (44) Aquatic Invasive Species Technicians throughout the state. These positions range in duration from 4 to 6 months. Technicians will inspect watercraft at key locations around the state in an effort to prevent the introduction and spread of aquatic invasive species and participate in outreach and education efforts to inform the general public about the impacts of aquatic invasive species.
Human Resource Contact: 307-777-4507 Laura email@example.com
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The listed functions are illustrative only and are not intended to describe every function which may be performed in the job level.
- Duties may include conducting watercraft inspections and decontamination.
- Interview boaters at watercraft check stations.
- Provide outreach information and assistance to the boating public.
- Water quality and invasive species sampling, data entry, and equipment maintenance.
Preference will be given to those with a high school degree and customer service experience or experience related to fish and wildlife resource management, or college course work towards a degree in fishery or wildlife management, ichthyology or other closely related field.
Preference may be given to candidates with experience in the operation of watercraft, 4x4 vehicles, and/or hauling trailers.
**Must have a valid driver's license.
- Must be able to work well independently with minimal supervision and also able to work well with others on a crew.
- Requires flexible schedule and work up to 12 hours per day or split shifts.
- Requires effective communication and public relations skills in daily interactions with the public.
- Ability to enter and manage data using various devices.
None - See "Preferences"
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
PHYSICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Weekend and holiday work will be required.
- Some positions may require extended stays (4 days) in campers at various statewide locations.
- Positions require completion of inspector training course and certification provided by the Department.
- FLSA: Non-exempt
- All new hires or rehires starting in a non-exempt position on or after January 1, 2018 are required to be paid hourly.
- Positions based in Cheyenne and Evanston will be hired at $15.01 per hour and all others at $13.73 per hour.
- Tentative starting date is April 3, 2020 and end date is September 15, 2020 for most positions. Certain locations have flexibility in start/end date anywhere from mid March through mid October.
- 5- month positions will work on watercraft inspection crews throughout Wyoming.
- Locations include: Afton, Alpine, Beulah, Casper, Cheyenne, Cody, Evanston, Frannie, Glendo, Green River, Kemmerer, Keyhole, Laramie, Pinedale, Sheridan and Torrington.
- Department housing is not provided.
- Please attach a cover letter to the online state application. The cover letter should include career plans, suitability for the job, as well as dates of availability (starting and ending dates are particularly important).
- CONTACT: For more information regarding this position contact Chris Wight, Jackson AIS Specialist, 307-231-7851, firstname.lastname@example.org.
040-Wyoming Game and Fish Department - Fish Division
Click here to view the State of Wyoming Classification and Pay Structure.
The State of Wyoming is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively supports the ADA and reasonably accommodates qualified applicants with disabilities.
Class Specifications are subject to change, please refer to the A & I HRD Website to ensure that you have the most recent version.
A complete listing of the State of Wyoming Classification and Pay Structure can be viewed at http://agency.governmentjobs.com/wyoming/default.cfm.
Dept. of Admin. & Information-Human Resource Div.
2001 Capitol Ave. Emerson Bldg. Rm 127
Cheyenne, WY 82002
Fax: (307) 777-6562
Class Code #ATTP99
Job # 11896
ATTP99-11896-AQUATIC INVASIVE SPECIES (AIS) TECHNICIANS(44)-STATEWIDE
The State of Wyoming is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively supports the ADA and reasonably accommodates qualified applicants with disabilities. No notice of eligibility will be sent to applicants who meet the minimum qualifications.