Biologist Technicians Fisheries
STATE OF WYOMING
invites applications for the position of:
ATTP99-11867-Biologist Technicians Fisheries-Statewide
Open Until Filled
The Wyoming Game and Fish Department is seeking to hire sixteen (16) Biologist Technicians - Fisheries. These seasonal positions will assist fisheries management crews with all aspects of aquatic resource management activities. Positions will be based out of Casper, Cody, Green River, Lander, Laramie, Pinedale and Sheridan, Wyoming. These positions range in duration from 4-6 months. Most positions start in April or early May and conclude at the end of September or October. Applicants unable to work through at least September should not apply.
Human Resource Contact: 777-4507 Laura
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The listed functions are illustrative only and are not intended to describe every function which may be performed in the job level.
- Duties will be variable and may include electrofishing, netting, stream/habitat surveys, angler surveys, chemical restoration, data entry, and equipment maintenance as well as other routine fisheries management tasks.
- Biologist technicians will assist with watercraft inspection and decontamination in cooperation with the state's aquatic invasive species program, as well as assistance with the aquatic habitat program.
Preference will be given to those pursuing a career or degree in fisheries. This may include preference towards those with a high school degree plus experience in fish and wildlife resource management, research, or college course work towards a degree in fishery or wildlife management, ichthyology, hydrology, watershed science or other closely related field.
Applicants should attach a cover letter and resume with their online state application. The cover letter should include career plans, suitability for the job, and preferences for type of work and work location as well as dates of availability (starting and ending dates are particularly important).
**Must have a valid driver's license.
None - See "Preferences"
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
PHYSICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Technicians must be able to work well independently with minimal supervision and also able to work well with others on a small crew.
- These are field positions that require some physical labor such as hiking, wading and carrying backpacks.
- Field work can occur in inclement weather and in some positions camping in the field is required.
- FLSA: Non-exempt
- All new hires or rehires starting in a non-exempt position on or after January 1, 2018 are required to be paid hourly.
- Lodging, waders, rain gear, uniform, and other necessary field equipment and expenses will be provided when in the field. Off duty housing is not provided.
- Positions are open until filled. Hiring will start as applications are being received and hiring may begin as early as January.
- For additional information about the positions or application process, contact Hilda Sexauer, Regional Fisheries Supervisor (307-367-4352, Hilda.firstname.lastname@example.org).
040-Wyoming Game and Fish Department - Fish Division
Click here to view the State of Wyoming Classification and Pay Structure.
The State of Wyoming is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively supports the ADA and reasonably accommodates qualified applicants with disabilities.
Class Specifications are subject to change, please refer to the A & I HRD Website to ensure that you have the most recent version.
A complete listing of the State of Wyoming Classification and Pay Structure can be viewed at http://agency.governmentjobs.com/wyoming/default.cfm.
Dept. of Admin. & Information-Human Resource Div.
2001 Capitol Ave. Emerson Bldg. Rm 127
Cheyenne, WY 82002
Fax: (307) 777-6562
Class Code #ATTP99
Job # 11867
ATTP99-11867-BIOLOGIST TECHNICIANS FISHERIES-STATEWIDE
The State of Wyoming is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively supports the ADA and reasonably accommodates qualified applicants with disabilities. No notice of eligibility will be sent to applicants who meet the minimum qualifications.