GS-0482-09/11 Fish Biologist
This is a permanent, full-time position with primary responsibilities of developing, planning, and applying professional expertise in fisheries programs. This position would work closely with district personnel across the Newport-Sullivan Lake Ranger Districts and fill a key role on a highly functioning interdisciplinary team implementing the recently revised Land Management Plan. This position would also oversee fisheries technicians.
- Provides the leadership and technical expertise to maintain and restore watershed health and function;
- Provides professional level support to project development and implementation for aquatic restoration, vegetation management, range management, and other forest projects.
- Develops timely and complete professional level input to environmental planning documents as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Works closely with vegetation, timber, fuels, range, engineering, and recreation personnel to accomplish Forest priorities in a manner compatible with watershed health and restoration.
- Works with various local government and non-government watershed organizations in the Pend Oreille River basin on multi-ownership aquatic restoration programs.
- Leverage multiple hydropower funds to work with partners on watershed-aquatic restoration designed to mitigate the impacts of a large hydropower development in the watershed.
- Implements components of national BMP monitoring and the Watershed Condition Framework.
- Works with Forest design engineers and vegetation specialists on watershed and stream restoration projects.
The Colville National Forest is looking for an individual interested in collaboration, building relationships, and embarking on new ways of doing business. If you enjoy innovation and teamwork, this may be the place for you!
This position has a duty station of Newport Ranger District, Newport, WA