Human Resources Office Coordinator
Muskegon Area Intermediate School District 630 Harvey St., Muskegon, MI 49442
POSITION: Human Resources Office Coordinator
The Human Resources Office Coordinator provides a range of support functions within the department. This position works with all departmental
staff to maximize the efficiency of the Human Resources department. The position has multiple human resources related responsibilities
throughout the year.
• Associates Degree in Human Resources Management or a related area of study
• Evidence of experience and proficiency with computer systems such as Microsoft Office Suite, Google Applications.
• Experience with employee benefits such as Worker’s Compensation, unemployment, health care and general human resource operations.
• Evidence of effective communication skills and organizational efficiency.
• No physical or mental restrictions that would, with reasonable accommodation, prevent performance of the essential job functions and
• Experience with Payroll / Human Resources Information Systems.
• At least two years successful experience in a human service agency work environment or school setting.
• Basic accounting experience related to employee HR operations.
• Understanding the Organization:
o Serves as a strategic partner to build, grow and maintain profitable and long-lasting relationships with key stakeholders
• Building Collaborative Relationships:
o Finds common ground and drives to consensus
o Takes a proactive approach to relate, build and maintain rapport with stakeholders
o Understands interpersonal and group dynamics and responds in an effective manner
• Making Complex Decisions:
o Is respected by others for displaying student-focused decisions
o Takes a proactive approach as an effective liaison between multiple and diverse stakeholders
• Taking Initiative:
o Identifies and seizes new opportunities with a student focus
o Adapts quickly to changing resource requirements
• Being Authentic:
o Provides direct and actionable feedback
o Shows consistency between words and actions
• Being Flexible an Adaptable:
o Remains calm and productive in uncertain situations
o Takes on the challenge of unfamiliar tasks
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
• Inputs staff information related to the MAISD on-boarding process. This includes new hire platforms as well as paperwork such as employee
benefit selection information and payroll and tax information.
• Maintains MUNIS (HRIS) Master Files
• Maintains Department Budget with supervisor.
• MAISD employee health benefits election and maintenance along with monthly reconciliation of benefits.
• Files, tracks and maintains Worker’s Compensation claims and unemployment claims.
• Completes the Registry of Educational Personnel and maintains employee certification.
• Provides word-processing and file maintenance for MAISD management system documents. Produces reports, forms, graphs, summaries, and
other documents pertinent to the department.
• Maintains both electronic and hard copy personnel and medical records files.
• Serve as the primary link between EduStaff and the MAISD.
• Provides assistance to the Associate Superintendent for Human Services with special projects and assignments.
• Assists with department appointments, scheduling meetings and rooms, and preparing meeting materials.
• Performs such other tasks and assumes such other responsibilities as may be assigned by supervisor(s).
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: All candidates must apply online at www.muskegonisd.org/jobs
TERMS: This position is a 260-day position offering full family benefits (medical, dental, and vision).
SALARY RANGE: Schedule B, Hourly, $14.70 - $17.51 (Step 1 - 4 of 9). Commensurate with credentials and level of experience and in
accordance with MAISD salary schedules.
It is the policy of the Muskegon Area Intermediate School District that no staff member, candidate for employment, program participant, or
recipient of services shall experience discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including sexual orientation or transgender
identity) disability, age, religion, height, weight, marital or family status, military status, ancestry, genetic information, or any other legally
protected category (collectively "Protected Classes”), in its programs and activities, including employment opportunities. Inquiries related to
issues of discrimination on the basis of disability should be directed to the Assistant Director for Special Education at (231)767-7249. All other
discrimination inquiries or requests for special accommodations to participate in a program, event, or activity should be directed to the
Human Resources Director at (231) 767-7213.