Arboriculture Research Internship
Looking for a company that can take you places? You’ve found it. Bartlett Tree Experts has become the premier scientific tree and shrub care company through groundbreaking research and development. In our company, people thrive in a safety-first, entrepreneurial, promote-from-within environment. Many of our management and sales staff began as interns and became full-time employees after graduation. At the heart of the company’s success, you’ll find our 350-acre Arboretum, Research Laboratory, Diagnostic Clinic, and Conference Center in Charlotte, NC. These facilities offer our people unrivaled training and development. Our client services, spanning multiple disciplines and drawing on both professional and field skills, are enriched by the application of science to tree care and management.
Now is your chance to join our talented team as a Research Intern and realize your most ambitious goals as you grow along with us. Our 8-12 week, paid internships are designed to challenge students to learn and prosper in the arboriculture field while being mentored by the best minds in the industry. As a Research Intern at Bartlett Tree Research Laboratories you will have the opportunity to be exposed to cutting edge science and career options within the company.
As a Research Intern you will be expected to:
- Attend and actively participate in weekly Research planning meetings
- Assist the Research Team with data collection, trial implementation and maintenance of plots
- Be responsible for effectively managing your time and projects according to deadlines
- Identify basic trees and woody plant material common to this area
- Learn, understand, and adhere to all safety rules and policies
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to perform challenging physical work outside in the heat of the Southeast; often for sustained periods of time
- A positive attitude, willingness, and ability to actively participate within a multi-disciplinary team
- Ability to work independently when necessary
- Ability to lift at least 50 lbs
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient Microsoft Office skills (particularly Excel)
- The ideal candidate will be actively enrolled at a two or four-year University pursuing a degree in Arboriculture, Forestry, Horticulture, Plant Science, Landscape Design, or a related field
Please include a cover letter with your submission.
The F. A. Bartlett Tree Expert Company is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer.