Department of Human Resources
Hennepin County Government Center
300 South Sixth Street
Minneapolis, MN 55487
http://hennepin.jobs INVITES APPLICATIONS FOR THE POSITION OF:Mail Technician
An Equal Opportunity EmployerSALARY
$34,465.91 - $48,219.44 Annually
OPENING DATE: 08/21/19
CLOSING DATE: 08/28/19 11:59 PM Central Time
JOB TYPE: Full-time
LOCATION: Downtown Minneapolis, Minnesota
DEPARTMENT: Information Technology
The Central Services Distribution Unit within the Information Technology (IT) Department is seeking a mechanically talented Mail Technician to join their team. This busy unit provides internal customers with a full range of copying and production printing services, including pick-up and delivery of internal and external mail. The Mail Technician will set up and operate a variety of mailing machines and bindery equipment, and operate postage meters to apply postage to a large volume of daily mail while applying the maximum postal discounts. The ideal candidate for this position will aspire to step up as the equipment maintenance and troubleshooting expert for the unit.
Location and hours:
This position is located at the Government Center, 300 S 6th Street, Minneapolis, MN 55487. Work hours are Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
In this position, you will:
- Operate a variety of mailing machines including folding, inserting, sorting, and the application of postage on large and small mailings.
- Resolve problems for customers including due dates, services, cost overruns, or faulty products.
- Purchase and monitor inventory levels of supplies needed for department.
- Create and implement process improvement initiatives.
- Troubleshooting and repairing mailing equipment.
Need to have:
- One of the following:
- Two or more years of post-high school education.
- An approved combination of post-high school education and related office clerical experience to equal at least two years.
- Two or more years of related office clerical experience (or part-time related clerical experience to equal at two or more years of full-time related clerical experience).
- 18 months or more of related office clerical experience and completion of the Office Specialist Pathway Training program or the Healthcare Clerical Pathway Training program.
- One year or more of related office clerical experience and completion of the Human Services Pathway Training Program.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and lift and stack up to 65 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation.
Nice to have:
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing equipment.
- Mechanical aptitude to set up and operate a variety of machines.
- Experience providing good customer service.
- Knowledge of the mailing or postal industry.
- Moderate computer skills including working knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to create and maintain records.
Invitations to interview will be based upon an assessment of education and experience. Final candidates will be required to complete a background check.
About the department:
Technology is the foundation of our work – and the work of every county employee. The Information Technology department is here to help our employees work smarter, faster and better. It is made up of 6 divisions: business solutions, enterprise architecture, enterprise development, finance and support services, operations, and special projects.
About Hennepin County:
Hennepin is the largest county government organization in Minnesota. Our employees work every day to improve the health, safety and quality of life for our residents and communities. All of our jobs align to one or more of our overarching goals -- that Hennepin County residents are healthy, protected and safe, self-reliant, assured due process, and mobile.
Our employees receive a combination of generous benefits and positive workplace culture not found at other organizations. This includes meaningful work that impacts our community, competitive pay, work-life balance, a variety of benefits and opportunities to grow. Learn more at www.hennepin.us/employees.
Hennepin County envisions an organization where our commitment to diversity and the reduction of disparities is fundamental in providing excellent service to our community.
Your future. Made here.
This posting may be used to fill current and future vacancies.
This position is internally classified as an Information Technology Analyst II.
Click here to view the job classification specification.
Invitations to interview will be based upon an assessment of education and experience.
Final candidates will be required to complete a background check.