Student Communications Assistant for Capital Area Michigan Works!
Make a difference as a Student Communications Assistant for Capital Area Michigan Works!
One of Piper & Gold’s longest-standing client’s Capital Area Michigan Works! is a network of resources for employers and career-seekers in the capital region. P&G loves to work with CAMW!, but there’s a lot of work that needs to be done to further its mission to connect with business and strengthen our workforce through strategic communications. That's why we’re looking for a part-time student employee to dedicate their time to CAMW! so we can give them even more love and support.
What will the CAMW! communications assistant do?
- Manage and maintain daily social media for CAMW! and T3: Teach. Talent. Thrive.
- Draft media materials — sometimes that means interviewing subject matter experts at CAMW! — for regional publications and online newspapers.
- Participate in priority-setting meetings with the CEO of CAMW! and other staff members.
- Draft newsletters that inform the public of happenings at CAMW!.
- Track media mentions and develop communication reports to ensure all columns and social media posts are effective.
- Report to and communicate with Piper & Gold staff members to ensure the best quality of work.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- A recent college graduate or college senior with experience.
- An exceptional writer who loves AP style.
- Someone who’s independent and accountable.
- Someone who’s enthusiastic, but organized and detail-oriented.
We’re looking for a student who can work 12 to 15 hours per week at the Capital Area Michigan Works! building located at 2110 S. Cedar St., Lansing, MI 48910, starting at the end of August. This position will most likely continue through the 2019-20 school year.
If you’re ready to make a difference in the capital area, submit your resume and a link to your portfolio — or at least two samples of previous class or internship work of which you are proud — to Cassie Cotton, Associate Strategist, at firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, Aug. 26.