Corporate Summer Internships with DISH & Sling TV (Denver, Colorado)
Our Vision is to change the way the world communicates. Our Mission is to connect people and things.
We’re DISH. We’re the ones who pioneered the DVR and commercial-free TV. Colorado-born and family-owned, DISH has proudly served America since 1980. We make a point of listening to our customers and giving them what they want in an industry notorious for ignoring people. Of course, we’re proud of our past accomplishments, but our true excitement lies in the future.
We’re reimagining the way people watch TV with services like Sling and AirTV. We’re redefining the boundaries of communication and connectivity too, with wireless spectrum and the Internet of Things. Nothing is out of our reach, and the opportunity to shape the future of entertainment and technology has never been more tangible.
So, let’s roll up our sleeves and decide what the future looks like together.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
We have a different philosophy at DISH. We believe the critical thinking skills you learn in college can be applied across a variety of business functions, regardless of your major. More than your education and previous work experience, we look for individuals who are bright, energetic and ambitious. At DISH, hard work is rewarded with limitless opportunities. This is what sets us apart as an employer.
Interns work in a variety of functional business areas including:
- Financial Analysis
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Marketing – Creative or Analytics
- Procurement/Supply Chain
- Hardware & Software Engineering
- Product Management
- Project Management
- Programming - Content Acquisition
- Public Relations/Corporate Communications
Further information about each of these departments can be found at https://careers.dish.com/students/ at “Find Your Fit”
What Will I Do?
- Full time (40 hours per week), competitively paid, hands-on field experience and real business projects
- Present business findings and recommendations to company leadership
- In-depth look at our core business, including 2 weeks of customer facing experience
- Early evening networking activities
- Planned social activities, including the paramount Colorado experience of hiking a 14er (a 14,000 foot mountain)
Who Will I Meet?
- Business Executives at lunch and learns and networking activities
- Manager, Peer Mentor, and Executive Sponsor
- Curious and driven interns from around the country
Where Will I Live and Work?
- Denver, Colorado
- Busy corporate headquarter campuses
- Partially subsidized, fully furnished housing option
Who Are We Hiring?
- Students currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree (non-MBA) program with an expected graduation date between December 2020 - August 2021
- Students who display DISH’s core attributes of Curiosity, Pride, Adventure, and Winning
How Will I Be Recruited?
- Apply on our website at https://questionnaire1-dish.icims.com/jobs/48989/job
- Record and submit a one minute video cover letter
- Phone interview with a University Relations Recruiter
- Attend one campus information session, or one of our virtual information sessions if we do not visit your campus
- Online Questionnaires
- Video Interview
- Finalist candidates selected
- Internship offers extended
*Priority for interviews will be given to students who make an effort to attend an information session. The information session is the best way to learn about DISH to prepare for an interview. Information will be sent following a phone interview with a recruiter.
Skills - Experience and Requirements
Must be currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree or Master's degree (non-MBA) program with an expected graduation date between December 2020 and August 2021.
Must be willing to relocate to Denver, CO for the summer and post-graduation for full-time opportunities.