The State of Michigan Department of Technology, Management and Budget is currently seeking a Laborer 5-E6.
The employee performs a full range of Laborer assignments. The employee utilizes a wide range of power tools and other equipment appropriate to the work. The employee provides customer service with courtesy, respect and attention to detail. This person will work cooperatively with staff and assure a customer service orientation by expressing a positive and helpful attitude with daily interaction on related subjects.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
· Knowledge of the use and care of a variety of hand tools and motorized machinery.
· Knowledge of the methods used in preparing, applying and finishing various patching and sealant materials.
· Knowledge of potential dangers and safety precautions applicable to the work performed.
· Knowledge of basic MIOSHA safety rules regarding tools, equipment, and methods used in this classification.
· Skill in the use of common hand tools and a variety of power tools and motorized machinery.
· Skill in performing routine maintenance and minor repairs on power tools and motorized machinery.
· Ability to follow instructions.
· Ability to read written directions on use of equipment and materials.
Required Education and Experience:
No specific amount of formal education is required.
No specific type or amount is required.
One year of experience performing duties involving the use of hand tools and motorized machinery equivalent to a Laborer 5.
Alternate Education and Experience:
Some positions within this classification series are assigned job duties that may require possession of the Commercial Driver's License (CDL) issued by the Secretary of State as required by Public Act 346 of 1988 to operate a designated state vehicle.
Some positions in this classification series may also be assigned duties that require the application of pesticides, which may require certification or registration as a pesticide applicator in compliance with the Pesticide Control Act of 1976.
This position will be available on our website until 08/28/2019.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for this position, please visit our website at https://bit.ly/2Z7Mb9s and apply electronically for posting #: 0701-19-13-75. Thank you and we look forward to reviewing your application.
$17.06 - $22.57 Hourly