Social Media Strategist
At Nicolet College, our mission is to transform lives and enrich communities. We see change as an opportunity to do both even better. With that in mind, we are redesigning higher education to serve today’s learners in the most inclusive, creative, and flexible ways imaginable. Nicolet’s Marketing Team is an integral part of finding new and innovative ways to advance student learning while attracting new students.
The Social Media Strategist will create and maintain original content to build social media presence. The position is responsible for video production to increase social engagement and to enhance instruction. As a key member of the Marketing Team, the Social Media Strategist's digital storytelling will strengthen community awareness and support the College's enrollment and retention efforts.
The successful candidate will be a self-motivated team player who values hard work and who can effectively interact with diverse internal and external constituents. The Social Media Strategist must be comfortable with and capable of taking on new challenges in a dynamic and constantly changing environment. If you have a creative way of thinking and of presenting the Nicolet brand through social media channels, we would like to make you part of our team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The following duties and responsibilities are normal, but not all-inclusive, for this position. Other work may be required and assigned.
· Knowledge and experience with all aspects of social media communications including strategic planning for various media venues, technical aspects and requirements of various venues, and most appropriate and effective applications to create, develop, and implement long and short-term strategic communication plans.
· Work collaboratively with the Marketing Team and others to effectively conceive, plan, and execute multimedia projects.
· Document on-campus events and happenings with an eye for storytelling, authenticity, and timeliness to maximize social engagement.
· Collaborate with faculty and our instructional design teams to capture and deliver high quality video for teaching and learning.
· Establish a process for faculty to capture their own lectures and assist by editing for time, continuity, and graphic standards.
· Define, track, and report on social media performance indicators.
· Associate’s degree in communications, journalism, marketing, public relations, video production, or related field.
· Demonstrated success working in a social media capacity.
· Two (2) years of professional experience in social media and video or photography.
· Strong writing, proofing, and editing skills with ability to self-check work, and the work of others, to maintain College standards and ensure accuracy.
· Proficiency in use of creative and video editing software (Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Adobe Premiere, or similar).
· Ability to work professionally and collegially within a culture that seeks excellence and emphasizes teamwork.
· Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, marketing, public relations, video production, or related field.
· Excellent communication skills and judgment, and the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects.
· Ability to create platform driven content while maintaining College branding and voice.
· Working understanding of layout, type, and color.
· Familiarity with behavioral research, survey methods, and statistically valid testing
· Current knowledge of social media platforms and of new or emerging media, including the ability to analyze potential value to the College, to recommend and implement new initiatives, and to discontinue ineffective efforts.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· The employee must demonstrate strong attention to detail, and be able to perform complex tasks without error.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be exposed to normal office conditions and usual office equipment such as telephone, adaptive equipment, personal computer, printers/copiers, reports and files.
· The employee will be constantly required to sit, talk, hear, and type/write.
· The employee will be frequently required to stand, walk, touch/handle/grasp (using hands and fingers), and reach with hands and arms.
· The employee must occasionally bend or squat and lift and/or push up to 10 pounds of general office items.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, far, and field of vision.
· This position requires regular and punctual employee presence.
The full pay range is $20.84 to $27.55 per hour. The typical starting range is $20.84 to $22.52 per hour, commensurate with qualifications and experience. Includes a comprehensive benefits package.
Apply at nicoletcollege.edu/employment. Attach a cover letter that addresses how your background and experience are consistent with the requirements of the position, a current resume, and unofficial transcripts of coursework/certificates. Applications received by 4 p.m. CST on Wednesday, August 28, 2019, will receive full consideration. Positions remain open until filled.
Nicolet Area Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability or age in employment, admissions or its programs or activities.