ProQuest – Who we are…
The ProQuest Mission: Better research. Better learning, Better insights. ProQuest enables people to change their world.
ProQuest supports the efforts of students and researchers across the globe. Providing important research tools and curating treasure troves of content has helped ProQuest to become an industry leader in the Information Services market.
What will I be doing?
As Facilities Director, you will manage the daily and strategic operations for a global, multi-site organization. Leading a team of 20 direct reports, you’ll manage capital improvement projects, controls costs, and negotiate leases. We are looking for a proactive, strategic thinker who will have a direct impact on the success of our organization.
This is a complex, growing organization. If you enjoy the challenge of leading a disbursed team in an exciting, dynamic environment, keep reading!
In this position, you will also…
• Provide strategic leadership for location planning, including lease origination, renewals, and terminations.
• Coordinate planning of the company's multi-year facility needs and ensure the real estate portfolio is aligned with company's overall strategy.
• Participate in front-end strategic assessment of current and future space and operational needs across the organization.
• Develop (with finance team) annual capital and operating budgets for facilities world-wide; provides oversight for capital planning process and execution of the plan.
• Manage all lease related activities including preparing relocation budget, space planning designs, project plan, overseeing the process, providing management updates, etc.
• Oversee team management of steady state activities including mailroom support, reception, security/badge system, janitorial services, coffee/vending.
• Develop organizational policies relevant to the facilities department.
Reasons you should apply...
1. This is an exciting, dynamic, fast-paced environment where no two days are the same.
2. You will have an opportunity to have great impact on the organization and the productivity of our employees.
3. You will work directly with senior leadership providing both strategic and tactical advice.
This job may not be a fit if...
1. You have not had the opportunity to manage multi-location facilities
2. You prefer to have a static, predictable schedule.
3. You prefer to have complete autonomy and not need to collaborate to achieve your objectives.
Qualified Candidates must have…
• A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a business-related discipline plus five to ten years of experience managing global facilities, including the management of international operations and management of a team.
• Experience as the main organizer of office moves involving more than 200 people.
• Knowledge of buildings and structural issues, architectural design, electrical, mechanical and electronic communication systems and knowledge of the federal, state, and local building and safety codes and regulations with a focus on deploying and supporting effective corporate solutions in a cost-conscious environment.
• Advanced knowledge of all aspects of corporate facilities.
• Ability to design and implement facilities solutions based on business requirements described by technical consulting staff.
• Experience in real estate lease transactions including property selection, legal review, and negotiation.
Superstar Candidates will ALSO have…
• MBA or other advanced degree.
• Experience working in a global/international organization.
Other important information about this position:
• This position is based in ProQuest’s Ann Arbor, MI location and is not appropriate for remote work.
• Occasional travel is required.
• This position requires weekday (Monday - Friday) attendance with some scheduling flexibility available around core working hours.
• Every position requires certain physical capabilities. ProQuest seeks to make reasonable accommodations that enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties when possible.
More to love about becoming a PQ employee!
• Forbes Ranks ProQuest among 2018 America’s Best Mid-Size Employers
• We offer professional development opportunities with a significant focus on learning
• We hold fun on-site events
• Our employee population is smart and highly collaborative
• We have a relaxed dress code… yes, that means blue jeans (and not just on Fridays!)
• All of our employees have access to ProQuest research products including e-books, genealogy and academic journals
At ProQuest, we work hard and have fun doing it. If you are a gifted leader and dedicated professional, please consider joining our talented team!!